Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrows?

tfleming

Default Arrows?

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering if someone could give me some info on the best arrows to use. I know we all have our personal preferences, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm using a Hunter 55# amo 62.
    Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say - alluminium arrows, but am not an expert. As far as i know Easton makes very good ones. I use cheap ones made in Taiwan and am glad of them, but they are far from "the best"
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

get the best quality you can afford and long as it works for your setup. you'll proably go thru several kind before you settle on the best for you. for me, it's carbon express maxima 250 @ 29" for my two hunting bows. for my other bows "if" I use for hunting, I use beman ics hunter or beman mfx micro. when I first started (last yr) I bought about a dozen carbon exp 4560 terminators from wal-mart to practice with. hope this helps?
    Ray from Auburn
    2011 Mathews Z7 w/QAD
    2011 Bear Strike Blackout w/QAD
    2011 Bowtech Assassin w/QAD
    2010 Elite Z28 w/QAD
    Carbon Express Maximas
    100gr Thunderheads
    100gr Tru-fire switchblades
    100gr Cabelas CopperHeads

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I'd say - alluminium arrows
    Agree. What draw length?

tfleming

My draw length is 29. I used aluminum before and really liked the durability, but it's been awhile.
    Thanks for the help!!!

Destroyer

My last 'curve was 56# @ 30" shooting 2216's with 100 grains heads. I like alloy's because they soak up more vibration, quieter and usually good value. the only thing I don't like is they bend. Lots of rocks around here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray from Auburn View Post
    get the best quality you can afford
    A unusual benefit to using cheap shafts is you can blame them for you missing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    A unusual benefit to using cheap shafts is you can blame them for you missing.
    That's a good one
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

thomurec

i have never shot anything but gold tip carbon. i have a pic on my phone of one stuck in a tree. my buddy pulled it out and shot a 10 at a 3d shoot.

Destroyer

That's a good point for carbons, if your into shooting trees that is.

With a recurve, not as much speed to bend alloy's, even when a tree gets hit.

thomurec

the tree was a screwed up ordeal. but the carbon is the way to go i think. i love em