Thread: Firecat tr1 or tr2?

Pines

Default Firecat tr1 or tr2?

Between the 2, which one will be easier to tune? I am now shooting a single cam bow and familiar with tuning and timing it. I have never owned a Martin before, but wanting to give one a shot. Also leaning toward the tr2 for a switch away from a single cam. What do you think? When will the 2011 lineup for Martins come out?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say about the 2011 models. Both TR1 and TR2 are great bows i think. I have a MOAB now called TR1 and like it - it's a "user friendly" bow, but if you need a speed bow then the TR2 is the better choice.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

what is your draw length? if its short you may want to consider the dual cam, however both are good bows.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

will750

I have the TR2 version and the draw is very smooth!!!

Pines

Yeah,my draw is 27" on the short side.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    I am now shooting a single cam bow and familiar with tuning and timing it.
    What bow and what draw weight? Sounds like the TR1 would fit nicely. The TR2 will be faster but there will be a bit of adjusting to the way it draws, tuning, etc.

Not sure when the new bows come out but it might be worth waiting for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would get the dual cam i think if it is tuned right they will be smoother and perform better than a solo cam bow at least my 08 firecat is smoother and easier to shoot than my 2010 Bengal or my dads 09 bengal my dad feels the same way about his 09 dual cam firehawk