Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to buy a spare string for Jaguar?

Punishersphotos1

Default where to buy a spare string for Jaguar?

Just got my Jag takedown but want to get a spare string for it. anyone help me out please?? also what does one recommend for arrows?

its my first bow and i need help!

Thanks!!

Destroyer

String can be purchased at any dealer or even ebay or 3rivers. Some are sold at the AMO length and some as the actual measured length, make sure you get the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Punishersphotos1 View Post
    also what does one recommend for arrows
    What is the draw weight and your draw length?

Punishersphotos1

Ok is there a type of string i should look for? i want to buy the correct one.

RH 50#

Thanks for the friendly advice!

Destroyer

The same as your standard string, B50 dacron, 16 strand (from memory), 60" AMO (or actual length generally 4" shorter, 56"). If its only a spare I would get the same as you have now even though there are many other choices.

Do you know what the draw length you have?

Punishersphotos1

Only other info i have is the model number Product Code: #2816N50

I hope this helps...I still know nothing about bows as of yet so thank you for helping me out!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Draw length

What Destroyer was asking is how long is your arrow. Draw length is the length from the front of the bow to where you anchor, ( cornor of your mouth, for instance ). In order to become accurate with a bow , you need to draw the arrow to the same point every time, so you need a concisent place to "anchor" your hand. Some use the cornor of their mouth, some anchor under their chins, nose onto string ( me ) some use nuckle behind ear. It can be anywhere that you can comfortably reach every time you draw your bow, once you find that, draw an arrow and have someone mark the arrow where it crosses the front of the bow, add 1 inch, thats your draw length. Once you know your draw lenght you can select the correct arrows, which is found by the draw lengthy and the bows draw weight at your length. I sure at this point that its all as clear as mud. If you bought your bow from a local dealer, go back and have them measure your draw length. Hope I helped you.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

You can get some cheap alluminium arrows as a start. If you really want carbon arrows you can buy some, but i think they aren't so good for a traditional bow. The other option are the wooden arrows (the cedar ones), but i think they aren't very good for a begginer - they are expensive and you need something to shoot without worrying of loosing or breaking.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Punishersphotos1

Wow thanks for the awesome replies! Thanks for taking the time for helpin me out with the basics. No other fourm is willing to help out like you guys just did!

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome! If you have any other question we'll be glad to help. By the way for now you don't need a new string - this one will last at least a year (unless you shoot 12 hours a day ) Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Punishersphotos1

Wow im a dumb *** lol

On the Limb the markings are as follows...@28" #50/60"

Im guessing the #50 means the pounds? and the 60" is the draw length?

i did measure the string and it came in at 56 and a half inch.

thanks again fellas!