Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting my new Cheetah

Huckle

Default Shooting my new Cheetah

Ok so today I got all set up, peep, rest, sight, ect. Finally got home and shot. Super fun and pretty close groups. Not sure but I think it needs a bit more tweaking. I will post a pic or 2 soon.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Huckle View Post
    Super fun and pretty close groups. Not sure but I think it needs a bit more tweaking.
    Why, noisy? Close groups means that its tuning ok, and your shooting well.

Huckle

Ive got a random stray, and a bit of of the mark. But generally consistant. Its very close. Its shooting fast and smooth that is for sure.

Destroyer

Next time it happens, mark the arrow and see if it is the same arrow.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 09-27-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Huckle

Will do, I know some variation was me moving around. How tight should a knock be? I know its hard to define.

Destroyer

We are the biggest variable in the equation.

Nocks, for target like to have it so a gental tap on the string and the arrow falls off, for hunting a bit tighter.

The random stray could be caused by simply torquing the bow on shot or even being tired. Any consistency at all to where it goes? Like last shot in the group, mostly right, low or is it all over the place?

Huckle

Its mostly left, elevation is good. And after 200 or so shots at 70 lbs I was tired thats for sure!!

Huckle

Also the nocks almost a hard click onto the string right now, seems tighter than what Im used to.

Destroyer

Its mostly left, elevation is good.
    Could be your torquing (twisting) the bow. This might cause a collision too if done on drawing the bow, with the rest or cables. This can be a problem with drawing heavy 70# bows.

Also the nocks almost a hard click onto the string right now, seems tighter than what Im used to.
    Probably nothing to worry about, using a the factory string? I wouldn't expect 'fliers' from it even when the nock is really tight.

Huckle