Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: riser problem on martin cheetah

Post Thanks / Like

Default riser problem on martin cheetah

i recently bought a 2010 cheetah and after about 12 days of shooting my cam had started rubbing my limb.....i took it back and exchanged it no problem... and now 16 days after i got that bow it looks like the riser is twisting where its screwed together above the shelf (at the jog under the cheetah sticker) anyone else have problems like this? should i just exchange it again? season starts in 2 days!!!

jj141979

I would definatly take it back and exchange it!!!!!!! If you can!!!!! I would never shoot it again!!!!! If archery wasnt 2 days away i would suggest to call Martin but you will miss at least a few days of the season if you do that. You could call them and tell them your situation and maybe they will overnight a new riser to you!!!!

kjwhfsd

since the joints are much stronger than the rest of the riser i dont think it is twisting there. you would have a bent in half riser to get it to bent there.

Destroyer

Can you post a pic?

Post Thanks / Like

i will post a pic.. the riser is screwed together so its not bent... i going to try to take it back tonight and see what the retailer can do. its been less than 30 days of my original purchase and im on my second bow....

Post Thanks / Like

Default pics....

well i took it back to the shop and they popped the cheetah sticker off and checked the bolts... tight. so they said dont worry about it. a freind of mine has a firecat and he checked his and his camo is cracked... not as bad as mine though. he called martin and they said that it is pinned pressed and bolted, its not going to come apart.... now if i can remember how to post pics
    one of them shows how much it has moved since it was dipped. (camo ) ~edit~ yeah i dont remember exactly how to get my pics up. any advice? lol i did get up from my phone to my comp =D
    Last edited by justin; 09-30-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Destroyer

So its just the paint cracking around the join?

To post a pic, just click the 'Attachments' icon (top row, third from the right), a new window will open, click the browse button under 'Upload File from your Computer', then click upload.

Post Thanks / Like

lol that was easy.

the paint is cracked but it also moved. see in the first pic?
    ~edit~
    wanted to make sure the pics attached
    you can see lines of bare aluminum on either side.
    im guessing i have one of the faster cheetahs out there cause im going over the chrono at 284fps with a 394 grain arrow at 29 inches and 70#s. ive seen alot lower numbers posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by justin; 10-01-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Destroyer

The first pic, has it done this since you bought this bow or did you notice it because of the missing paint?

What I would do is use a marker pen (or something) where the paint is missing and see if it still continues to move. If it does take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    284fps with a 394 grain arrow at 29 inches and 70#
    Pretty good speed.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it wasnt like that when i got it. ive marked it, and im keeping my eye on it. wish me luck.