Thread: rollers instead of slider

Unregistered

Default rollers instead of slider

i have a 2010 warthog mag can i get rid of the cable slider and order a wheel system instead thanks for the feed back

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can change it to a ccs system. They came with either or.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

SonnyThomas

Default rollers instead of slider

Don't want to be The Doubting Henry, but I hope they're better than Mathews'. I just sent another Mathews owner with with roller problems to a Mathews dealer. Evidently that little axle and bushings have a lot of stress on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mathews roller system is a reverse roller system, it's COMPLETELY different than the CCS system.

I have the CCS system on my '09 Cheetah, I upgraded from the slide and I love it. It definitly feels smoother.

-Masta

Post Thanks / Like

i dont think you can, my warthog doesnt have the machined pocket my alien has where the roller frame connects to the riser. i know its a different bow, but it is the same roller system. id call joel at martin. he'll know.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i have a 2010 warthog mag can i get rid of the cable slider
    Why? Cable wear?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not completely sold on the CCS. I've got bows with it and without it. My lien Z has one and I don't care for the extra fletching clearance it gives. Way too much side load for my liking. With the advice of another person on here I actually put a washer under the front side of it between the CCS bracket and riser to change the angle of it so now there is only about 1/8" clearcance instead of the 3/4" or so that it originally had. I figure this should reduce the angle at which the cables enter the modules which should reduce serving wear and resulting friction. Might even end up producing a touch more speed due to less friction.

I'm really curious to see the new 2011 torque reducing cable rod system. Only a couple days left till it pops up on their website.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

KStigall

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I'm still not completely sold on the CCS. I've got bows with it and without it. My lien Z has one and I don't care for the extra fletching clearance it gives. Way too much side load for my liking. With the advice of another person on here I actually put a washer under the front side of it between the CCS bracket and riser to change the angle of it so now there is only about 1/8" clearcance instead of the 3/4" or so that it originally had. I figure this should reduce the angle at which the cables enter the modules which should reduce serving wear and resulting friction. Might even end up producing a touch more speed due to less friction.

I'm really curious to see the new 2011 torque reducing cable rod system. Only a couple days left till it pops up on their website.
    I'm right there with you on the roller guards. I really don't see the necessity though it does look 'neater'. But in my mind it's another thing that could possibly cause a "glitch". Though the Alien-Z has a roller guard I wouldn't change a thing because for me it's such good shooting bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard if hoyt or bowtech has had problems with their rollers also?
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads