Thread: How to change draw length

putter

Default How to change draw length

I have a cougar M41 speedflite compound bow , 31"draw length ,Like to reduced
    to 28 1/2" draw length ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... What year was that? What Cam?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

putter

I purchase it new back in 1989 , no changes to the bow put away due to family
    duty. Recently just decide to start shooting.That when i found that draw length was to long for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know so did a little research. There were three cams used back in 2000 so maybe they are on your bow. The Fury cam is one that I don't think is draw length adjustable. Your bow may have either the Fuzion cam or the Z cam, which are adjustable by changing a module.

Easiest way for you to tell the difference is to look on the cam module. You'll see a letter and number. If it has something like F5 then it's the Fuzion cam. If it has something like 5x then it's the Z cam. In either case we need to know that module is presently on the cam.

Modules only come in 1" differences. In either case you will need to get a module 2" shorter (my recommendation) and settle on 28". For that you'llneed a module with a number two les than is on it now. In other words, if yours is an F5 then you'll need an F3. If it's a 5X then you need a
    3X.

In any case let us know what you find so we may be of furterh assistance.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

That bow is nearly as old as i am... Maybe i am not so good informed about that one. I will have to read and search a bit. maybe someone else can chime in and give you a hint.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

1989... I guess it has round cams, right? It'll be a hard job to change the DL. You can call directly Martin and ask them. Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

putter

Montalaar,bfisher and alex thank you for responding , I contact Martin acrhery
    they do not manufacture cam for this bow anymore according to Joe at tech
    surport ,I decide to give this bow to my younger brother his draw length measure out to 30 1/2 " lucky guy again thank you guys for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that someone can use it. By the way, my info was in error. I had my head up my you know what. You did say 1989 and I kept thinking 1999. I must be getting senile.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver