Thread: Bow fishing setup

Hybrid View

Louis Schutte

Default Bow fishing setup

Any recommendations for a set up on a Martin Jaguar take down at 45lbs for bow fishing????

Post Thanks / Like

Something simple i'd say. By the way you can make the set up yourself and buy only the fishing arrows. There are some Youtube videos which can give you some ideas (one of them is mine but haven't tested it on a real fish yet ).
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

FireHawk Owner

Make sure your Bows tuned correctly. If it is not you will have a hard time hitting anything. Thats the biggest thing with Bow fishing. There a many differant set ups. As he said You tube will show some different set ups. I just have fishing arrow and point, with the real that screws into were your stablizer goes. I works perfect. You will be addicted after the first time.

RobD

Never thought of this I bet it would be a blast. I go fish giging at least 3 times a month. I have a Carolina skiff that would work perfect for this. I probably could do it by my self if I had to, being that the trolling motor on my boat is steered with a foot control. Ohh boy my wifes really going to hate me now. Being she says I'm always out Doing my thing. LOL

SonnyThomas

Default Bow fishing setup

Wish I could say I tuned my fishing rig, but it was a "throw together" thing made of stuff laying around the shop. My first shot last year connected

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=7804