Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scepter 4 / predator 800 arrows

Compounded

Post Scepter 4 / predator 800 arrows

Hi,

I've just recently purchased a Scepter 4 with furious cams and 35-50 pound limbs. My draw length is 27" and the poundage will be set at 35 pounds. I already own 12 carbon express predator 800's which are cut to 28".
    Are these arrows suitable for the Scepter @ 35? I'm worried they may be under spined...

Post Thanks / Like

If the arrows are 27" and you shoot 70gr target tips they should be right at the upper edge, spine wise. Cut to 26" they are in the ballpark. Of course there's nothing like trying them to see how they perform. I just happen to be one of those guys that have been able to shot lighter than recommended shafts.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Compounded View Post
    I'm worried they may be under spined...
    Shoot them and see.

Compounded

Smile

Thanks for your input. I'll give them a try.

Destroyer

Let us know how they go.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 10-15-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Can't spell lol!

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot Scepter 4 they like stiffer spines than the charts recomend next time you buy arrows.

Compounded

Thumbs up They're all good!

Took my fiancÚ out for a shoot today with the scepter and the predator 800 @27 inches. Shoots dead straight! Pretty happy with the performance. The bow isn't quite pulling 35 like I thought it would, no, it's at about 33 pounds @ 27inches. But, man, it can whack these arrows out at a pace. I'm impressed, Martin . Great bow.

Compounded

Post Centre shot.

Another thing.
    I want to start getting the bow well tuned, I've estimated how far away from the riser the arrow should be, though I'm not exactly sure what is the right distance. If anyone out there in E-land has experience with the 08 scepter using fingers and has a number to put forward, I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that I remember guys talking about 13/16", but don't quote me on that!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't already have one try to get a copy of Easton's Tuning Guide. It explains how to set up accessories on a bow and several methods of tuning for both fingers and release shooting. It's a free download on Easton's website or can be had at www.huntersfriend.com or in the Tuning forum on www.archerytalk.com. This should help you immensely.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver