Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? on getting a bengal

Hybrid View

waxed hands

Default ? on getting a bengal

Hi all-
    I'm getting back into bow hunting, which I haven't done since highschool 7 years ago. I used to hunt with a Martin, I can't even tell you what except it was from the late 80's, it was green and the camo pattern was black and brown

I've been snooping around Archery Talk and have pretty much decided on getting a Bengal. Now what? I went to the local Martin dealer and he said he doesn't have any, but a rep is coming in a couple weeks and might have some. He also told me the new ones will be out in a couple months. New ones? Are bows like cars? Can I even get a 2007 Bengal anymore? I would really like to work with this dealer - he set up 8 bows for me that I tried out and he refreshed me on my form, only to have me say "I think I want a Bengal," even though I have never pulled one back

So what do I do, wait for the dealer to call me, keep bugging him, wait for the new bows, or what? I'm new to the whole buying a bow thing and I don't want to be "that guy."

Thanks for any input.

Myk

The Bengal is a 2007 bow.
    Maybe he meant that other 2007 Martins will start showing up soon (they are already "out").

Elk4me

Exclamation

I have to waite 1 month the end of November to even get my 07 Pantera.

mtshooter

Default '07 Bengal

You can't go wrong with the Bengal. I have had mine for 3 1/2 months and Love it. It is smooth, quiet, accurate and very easy to site in. It is worth the wait

Elk4me

Cool

I am not saying I dislike the Bengal. I am just saying that I would prefer the 3" more of ATA on the Pantera over the Bengal. Basicilly they are the same bow with just a different ATA. I looked at the Bengal, but choose the Pantera instead . The Bengal will be an awsome bow I have herd alot of great things, look forward to hearing your opinion after you get it.

GolfinHunter

I have a complete 2007 Bengal hunting package for sale in the ArcheryTalk classifieds, Waxed. You might want to check it out once the site is fixed if you are still wanting a Bengal.

imadragonkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by GolfinHunter
    I have a complete 2007 Bengal hunting package for sale in the ArcheryTalk classifieds, Waxed. You might want to check it out once the site is fixed if you are still wanting a Bengal.
    Why are you selling it and what are the specs on it?

Bubba101st

I was able to pull the Bengal at G.I. Joes a little while ago. I love the feel and the smoothness of the draw. I think that is going to be my next bow. I do like a little longer ATA but cant afford the extra $. Why does 3" of aluminum cost that much more? I was a machinist and it cant cost that much more to make.

Elk4me

Bubba I got my Pantera for $479. So it is actually $80 more than the Bengal, but I prefer the longer ATA. Also everyone is gona have a Bengal but how many ppl are gona have a Pantera. I will get mine 1st week in December ,but the wife says it is a Xmas present and I have to waite till Xmas to open it. Lets see how long that will last, hopefully I will have pics the 1st week in Dec .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elk4me
    Bubba I got my Pantera for $479. So it is actually $80 more than the Bengal, but I prefer the longer ATA. Also everyone is gona have a Bengal but how many ppl are gona have a Pantera. I will get mine 1st week in December ,but the wife says it is a Xmas present and I have to waite till Xmas to open it. Lets see how long that will last, hopefully I will have pics the 1st week in Dec .

I think you might see more Pantera's than you are anticipating, but the Bengal will outsell them.

By the way, I just got a call from Cathy and she says I should have mine in a week or two---Pantera that is. What cam system you getting? I happened to luck out and am getting the Furious X cams. 27" draw, about as long as the Furious will go. That also means the best efficiency and speed from the cam.
    Was going to get black magnum limbs and Chameleon riser, but seems the riser would be a real pain in the arse so I guess I'll have to settle for camo.

Now what color strings am I going to order?