Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No CCS

Post Thanks / Like

Default No CCS

Just looked at the 2011 catalog and did not see the CCS on any of the new bows.Has Martin done away with the rollers and back to cable slide?

MartinTech

Default CCS NOPE Its now the TRG Torque Reducing Guard

Look on Page 1 of the catalog it explans all about the TRG. With the TRG and the new NITRO cam working togther provide a new technology for Martin. The TRG allows the cables to move inward during the draw cycle and then moves out on the shot. By doing this there is minimal cam lean. A straighter cam equals better accurcy. check out a 2011 Martin bow with the Torque Reducing Guard today!!!!! Vince

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Vince, may i ask a question regarding the TRG...

There is one screw at the base of the TRG where it connects to the carbon rod. Does this screw fit into the carbon rod or how does this work? I am just interested.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it would be rather flimsy and susceptible to movement but - maybe not.
    I like the idea but think it should just be a direct mount bracket like the CCS. Haven't seen one live yet tho, so ...

Destroyer

My only concern with the TRG is wear on the cables, that and the new mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    it should just be a direct mount bracket like the CCS.
    Yep, would have been better to use the same mount so we could update to the new TRG. Pity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    My only concern with the TRG is wear on the cables, that and the new mount.
    Technically, the wear on the cables should be less than a standard cable guard, right? The angle of the guard would reduce the sideways pressure on the cable, and thus the wear.

My question is can the TRG be used on older bows, like an '08 Slayer that still has the straight carbon rod?

SonnyThomas

Default No CCS

Some years back there was the spring type guide rod - whether intentional or not. The cables were held out with bow at rest and when fully drawn the guide flexed so the cables were nearly straight. Here, the biggest problem was people turning the guide rod so the fletching cleared the cables when fully drawn, thus, exerting unnecessary pressure - cam lean, string wear. I guess people thought the guide rod wouldn't spring back soon enough the fletchings to clear.

SonnyThomas

Default No CCS

I just took a look at the Shadowcat and TRG. The 2010 Shadowcat has a adjustable offset guide rod. The 2011 doesn't, by the pic anyway. So is the TRG a add-on and can it be adjusted?

MartinTech

Default Trg

THE 2010 SHADOW CAT HAS A STRAIGHT CARBON ROD, NOT AN ADJUSTABLE ROD. The TRG does not need to be adjusted. YOu could adjust it in and out if you had to. The TRG is designed to work with the 2011 Nitro cams as well as ALL single cam configurations, So if u have an Late model Martin single cam bow you can shoot a TRG. So far cable wear has not been an issue, the TRG is made simular to a cable slide. SHoot Straight

Post Thanks / Like

Default hemmmm...

If it fits onto a 3/8" rod - then it seems that you could configure the rod and the TRG to any possible setup...