+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got a 10 pointer tonight!

SonnyThomas

Default got a 10 pointer tonight!

Nice one. Congrats...

Post Thanks / Like

RE: where did you get him?

central iowa. weve got alot of big deer again this year. i guess iowa is a pretty good state to hunt deer.

duffy

why is it called a 10 point? not allowed to hunt in the uk.

Post Thanks / Like

a ten point would have ten points on the antlers. some people dont count the brush tines though, so they would call it an 8 point. i dont know what this particular buck scores yet. my freind thats scores them is away on a fishing trip.

EDIT: anyone got a guess on what he would score?
    EDIT2: i uploaded a pic from the feild and updated my first post. much better quality!!
    EDIT3: and the "score" (not having much to do with the points) has something to do with total antler length, width and height. idk for sure
    Last edited by justin; 10-31-2010 at 11:59 AM.

FireHawk Owner

Congrade. Nice trophy. Also nice shot placement. What broadhead did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

lol you see where i shot him? it wasnt exactly an ideal shot but i was close, it was a 22 yard shot straight on. i was grouping under 2 inches at that range that afternoon so took the shot. the broadhead i was using was a nap shockwave. but i wish i had a fixed blade knocked for a straight into the chest shot. my aarow buried to just before the flech though. he got about 75 yards dumping lots of blood. it was a quick kill. i did a rough score tonight too and came up with 137. not so bad for my first deer.

EDIT: i apoligise for the blood and the tounge hanging out.
    Last edited by justin; 11-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.

FireHawk Owner

Lol don't think there would have been any chance of a past throw from that position. Very nice Trophy. Any deer killed with a bow is a trophy. But thats a nice deer all the way round.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah its nice! but i saw some pictures of some real monsters taken in a muzzleloader youth season. omfg.

Post Thanks / Like

a guy i work with shot a 168 this year.... another guy i know shot a 157 last year......... iowa is full of monster bucks!!!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

oncechance

Nice buck! Way to go.

+ Reply to Thread