Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Older Martin Cougar Magnum?

Unregistered

Default Older Martin Cougar Magnum?

I just recently bought a real nice Martin Cougar off of ebay. I don't have it yet, but I was hoping I could get some information on it. The limb just says "Cougar Magnum." It has a 45-60 lbs Draw weight and 30" draw (not sure if that is adjustable or not... I would like to know). The bow number is 7183 and has CLXM 7183-6 written on the side of the limb. It's all sparkly green and then limbs are kind of like wood. If there is any way you could tell me some information on it, I would be very appriciative. Info like year, Draw Length adjustment, length, let off, etc. Oh, and the bow looks to only have wheels, no cool funky cams or anything. I got it for a great price too, so if you could tell me what it originally sold for, that would be great. Thanks!

~Dustin

Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmm...

Let us do somw digging and I'll see if I can't come up with a manual for you....

PUG

dkelsey56436

That would be great, thanks. This is the unregistered user that made the thread by the way. If it ends up being to much trouble or you can't find anything, don't worry about it. It would be great to know, but it's not really a big deal.

Thanks,
    ~Dustin

dkelsey56436

Default Picture

Here is a picture of bow I am getting. I hope this helps. From my own research, I think it's a 1983 M-15 Cougar Magnum shown in this picture http://www.archeryhistory.com/compou...0/martin83.jpg . *shrugs* You're the experts though. Just trying to help as much as possible.
    ea_12.JPG
    Thanks
    ~Dustin

Post Thanks / Like

That is a 1987 model Cougar Magnum. The draw length is adjustable, the range depending on the wheel diameter. Looks to be in great shape. This bow was Martin's flagship model for quite a few years....congrats!

dkelsey56436

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere else (I belive another thread) that manuals are free. Pug said he may be able to dig one up. If it's any easier now to find one, how would I go about getting one? If I couldn't get one, that's fine. I am sure they aren't made much anymore since the bow is nearly 20 years old lol. But I know what I have now and that's plenty. I'm sure I can figure out more information on it through other means if need be. Thanks for all the help guys. I would give you a 110% customer service rating if I am ever asked... I didn't even buy anything directly from Martin and got great customer service. Thanks again!

~Dustin

aspen234

Default question on cougar magnum M-15

Hi,
    I alsohave a martin cougar magnum M-15 compound bow that I bought on ebay. poundage is 55 to 70 lbs. My local bow shop does not want to put it in a bow press because they are afraid it might break due to age and the fact the limbs are laminated wood. is this a valid concern? it looks fine to me.
    i also need to replace the bow string. does anyone know what size and type bow string is needed?
    regards,
    aspen234

lincoln

hi, i just bought a cougar magnum on ebay, it is very much alike the one in the pic with the gren riser but mine has a black riser with a plastic black grip. i was wondering if anyone here could tell me if i need a cable gaurd or anything, and how to chang the bow weight.

Stormbringer

PUG will hook you up!
    ArcheryTalk.com is a great place for answers too...

Ebay must be having a run on Cougar Mags I guess...huh!?!
    ________
    hemp marijuana
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 01-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Better read the date opf the post, Storm. Two of the three were posted 3 years ago. :P

I do not know if you need a cable guard as there seems to be a model without the need. If you need one you can buy a cable guard at the martin online shop.

I am too young to know how to change the draw weight on a bow that is older than me. :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL