Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older Martin Cougar Magnum?

dbd870

The limb bolts can be adjusted just like any other bow. Yeah this one is old!

Stormbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Better read the date opf the post, Storm. Two of the three were posted 3 years ago. :P
    LOL!
    If I did that, it wouldn't seem like such a "run" on the ol' Cougars then!
    ________
    strain index
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 01-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.

cougarmagnum

does anyone know the cable length on this bow? i have the same bow and i need to replace the cables.
    Last edited by cougarmagnum; 10-10-2008 at 07:32 AM.

coolhandsurf

I was recently given an m-15 cougar magnum, unfortunately it is left handed and I am right handed. Is there an inexpensive way to remedy this problem? thanks, Luke

Barry O'Regan

Quote Originally Posted by aspen234 View Post
    Hi,
    I alsohave a martin cougar magnum M-15 compound bow that I bought on ebay. poundage is 55 to 70 lbs. My local bow shop does not want to put it in a bow press because they are afraid it might break due to age and the fact the limbs are laminated wood. is this a valid concern? it looks fine to me.
    i also need to replace the bow string. does anyone know what size and type bow string is needed?
    regards,
    aspen234
    I too have a all original and mint 1982 Martin Cougar I shoot at least once a week, let me put it this way, if it cannot stand a bow press it won't stand an arrow at full draw. I think your Pro Shop is scamming you to either bow a new (er) bow or they noticed something on the limbs such as cracks. My Martin also has 20 year old wood limbs and hits the bow press at least twice a year for string changes and maintenance.

So if you can fire arrows out of it no problem and are accurate, your bow should be fine in a bow press.

Barry O'Regan

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandsurf View Post
    I was recently given an m-15 cougar magnum, unfortunately it is left handed and I am right handed. Is there an inexpensive way to remedy this problem? thanks, Luke
    Swap the riser to Right Hand (I am sure some here may have a RH Riser for sale) and move the wheels and cables to the other side and you're good to go.

Barry O'Regan

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmagnum View Post
    does anyone know the cable length on this bow? i have the same bow and i need to replace the cables.
    Take off your old cables and measure em, and order new ones based on the old measurements.

Barry O'Regan

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    The limb bolts can be adjusted just like any other bow. Yeah this one is old!
    Oldy but a vintage Goodie!

BruceFriend

I just picked up a Cougar Magnum like the one in the picture. Number CLXM 39161 2 is what I make out on the limbs. Anyone got a manual for it. This is my first compound bow. Just getting my feet wet and don't know much about them at this point.