Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Tuning Thread Ever

Post Thanks / Like

oh his aarows? he was shooting 398 grain Aarows and i think they were 340 spline..... 67lbs on the bow scale maxed out and his mods set to 28 inches.

well i didnt want to do it but its dark. indoor range in the garage!! see what my fps dropped to with silencers....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

so i set up a makeshift range outside in the yardlight...... and i started with just the silencers i put on last night. my 396 grain 400 spline aarows were shooing about 296 with just a loop and no tubing peep. with the silencers i dropped to a 293 average. added limbsavers and shot again, for a 291 average. so i shot my 360 grain 400 spline aarows for a 298 average. its now quieter than i ever thought it could be, and still fast!! consistancey over the chrono was +/- 1 fps with all of the arrows, and i have another one to look for, cause it blew right through my target....

anyway im way impressed with my 360 dollar bow!!

hopefully the cheetah put martin in the consumers minds.

lol i hope the exile outperforms the 2010 cheetah, but i have my doubts
    Last edited by justin; 11-11-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings

Post Thanks / Like

i read the whole tuning thread....... lol wow!!!

SonnyThomas

Default Best Tuning Thread Ever

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    i read the whole tuning thread....... lol wow!!!
    Yep. More stuff than you know what to do with...and maybe shouldn't.

I found that a shooter bow to have just have fun with is nicer than worrying about the least little thing. Okay, a bow doesn't have to be perfect, you do....

I would quote Bernie Pellerite, Professional Level IV Master Coach; "Tuning can only be relevant if you have consistent form, and if you have consistent form, tuning then becomes irrelevant."

Bernie has a new book coming out soon. Update of Idiot Proof Archery.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah. i suspect its sorta like tuning a racecar. there is alot you can do, but if you cant drive, it all becomes irrelivant.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Yep. More stuff than you know what to do with...and maybe shouldn't.

I found that a shooter bow to have just have fun with is nicer than worrying about the least little thing. Okay, a bow doesn't have to be perfect, you do....

I would quote Bernie Pellerite, Professional Level IV Master Coach; "Tuning can only be relevant if you have consistent form, and if you have consistent form, tuning then becomes irrelevant."

Bernie has a new book coming out soon. Update of Idiot Proof Archery.
    Yep if you hit the broad side of a barn. Tend to your form a little and you can hit the fly on the broad side of a barn.
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 11-13-2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

SonnyThomas

Default Best Tuning Thread Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Yep if you and hit the broad side of a barn. Tend to your form a little and you can hit the fly on the broad side of a barn.
    Speaking of barns, hay, straw, you know that blanking bale shooting? You don't use a bull's eye to aim. Hitting a target should be a snap.
    Attached Images Attached Images