Thread: Martin Jaguar compound bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Jaguar compound bow

Ok, i have just purchased a second hand Jaguar to be my first compound bow. Am going to have a sight fitted etc etc. Anything i should know about these bows? They seem to have been a highly regarded bow in the past and i hope it will do all that i need it to do. Planning on a bit of bunny hunting as well as a bit of bow fishing for carp. What sort of misc. items do i also need to purchase to get me going? What type of tips do you guys recommend for bunnys for example? I will be finger shooting as well not using a release.
    Look forward to your responses.
    Gasman

Post Thanks / Like

for bunny hunting you will have to have a "judo point" or similar small game point, so you dont lose a ton of aarows. obviously aarows. check a chart to get the correct spline..... your sight doesnt have to be fancy. a level on the sight is handy though. peeps are nice, and kisser buttons help. ive found allen products extremly cost effective for basic bow setup.... i mean i paid 7 bucks for a quiver... for fishing u need a fiberglass fishing aarow and a reel of some sort.... i prefer heavy superline and a large spincast reel vs thick nylon cord and a "retrever" type reel or just a spool.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

thanks justin, all good advice

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

my first martin bow was a jaguar good bow, but want compare to the paralel
    limb bows like the moab, bengal, alien x ect. and i think you will have sore fingers if you shoot with fingers, the jaguar is a short ata bow.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

I currently shoot a 2007 Jaguar (see my signature) and it's been an excellent bow. I have shot it out to 100 yards, and hit the small square target. It's definitely quiet and accurate, and I would put it against any of today's parallel limb bows.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com