Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bengal Question by a green horn

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Bengal Question by a green horn

Hi guys,

brand new to the forum and soon to be an owner of a 2010 Martin Bengal (it's on its way).

I'm so excited. Right now I have a very old compound bow (American Archery - Pantera). I started archery last June after my dad gave me his old bow. Well, I am now ready to graduate to a new bow and after more than month researching, I decided that the Bengal would be a great buy for me.

Now, I wasn't suppose to buy it the before January, but with the new price list, I couldn't let this one go. So now I am looking for accessories to add.

1st Question: Does any of you use the QAD arrow rest? Just want to make sure Bengal's owner see it as a right fit.

2nd Question: Because of the price the QAD and the fact that I wasn't suppose to get the bow before January, I won't be able to afford it right away. So my question is, can I just get a plastic tab meanwhile? How about off the shelf, is that possible with a Bengal or is it only with recurved and long bow?

Sorry for my ignorance, still new at it.

Stéphane

Post Thanks / Like

off of the shelf wouldnt be good.... yeah you have to have some sort of rest.
    qad rest? hmmm id have to research it. check out nap apache or quicktune 360, ans see what you think. also octanes hostage rest is good too
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

RobD

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    Hi guys,

1st Question: Does any of you use the QAD arrow rest? Just want to make sure Bengal's owner see it as a right fit.

2nd Question: Because of the price the QAD and the fact that I wasn't suppose to get the bow before January, I won't be able to afford it right away. So my question is, can I just get a plastic tab meanwhile? How about off the shelf, is that possible with a Bengal or is it only with recurved and long bow?

Stéphane
    Qad is a great rest and will work great on your Bangal.
    And no you won't be able to shoot it off the shelf.

Welcome to the Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Stephane! A cheap plastic rest can work for a while, but you won't like your bow with it - just won't be able to achieve accuracy. My advice is to find a cheap prong rest and use it till you can afford a better one. Off the shelf is not an option with the modern compound bow. Good luck and if you have more questions we'll be glad to help.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

cplgibson

Default NAP Apache

Have to 09 Martin Cheetah with a NAP Apache drop away that works great.
    I also considered the Quad but Apache was little less than 1/2 the quad price. I bought mine at DICKS SPORTING GOODS, they have a good sale soon considering the time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have a 2010 firecat and initially went with a different rest. Switched to the qad pro hd 2 months ago and i love it. Accurate and easy to adjust. Keeps arrow contained until fired. Only sorry i didn't get it sooner. Got a nice trophy taker extreme fc for cheap!
    Firecat TR2, QAD HD Ultra Proseries, Extreme 1100, Blackhawk Vapor 400 gn arrows, Rage 3-Blade Broadheads, Scott Little Goose Release

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I own a 2010 BENGAL with a Bodoodle 300 for hunting. And a Bodoodle pro lite for target. The ? would be what are you using the bow for? Target, hunting or both. If for target Bodoodle Pro lite or Pro 500 http://bodoodleusa.com/. If for both Tri van check it out http://forums.bowcountry.com/bcforum...ad.php?t=26892
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

brand new to the forum and soon to be an owner of a 2010 Martin Bengal (it's on its way).

I'm so excited. Right now I have a very old compound bow (American Archery - Pantera). I started archery last June after my dad gave me his old bow. Well, I am now ready to graduate to a new bow and after more than month researching, I decided that the Bengal would be a great buy for me.

Now, I wasn't suppose to buy it the before January, but with the new price list, I couldn't let this one go. So now I am looking for accessories to add.

Stéphane
    Welcome to the forum, no need to apologize for being new to the sport, all of us where once. As has been said, you won't be able to shoot off the shelf accurately, you will need some sort of rest. If finances won't premit a new QAD, you might try checking out ArcheryTalk classified ads, in the rests, releases, grips, wrist straps and slings section. You should be able to find an affordable rest for not a lot of cash. Ask all of the questions you'd like, we like to help new archers.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=102
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Well, thanks for the replies, guys. I checked the other rest options suggested by some of you, and I really think the QAD is the better one for me. I mostly use it for target, but I hunt as well. One of the major reason why I chose a Martin was the weight. So when they say that a "con" for a rest is the weight, then it's pretty much a given that I won't bother.

Speaking of weight, I saw the option of adding the STS and CCS ($40 at Amazon.com). Would only a seasoned veteran notice a difference, or is it money and added weight well invested? Again, I'll probably wait for a while on that one, but thought I would ask.

The one thing I will had right away is the stabilizer. Tex (the youtube guy), says he's happy with the s-coil (he shoots with a Cheetah). Does that seem like a good choice? 4"?

Thanks again, guys.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing I will had right away is the stabilizer. Tex (the youtube guy), says he's happy with the s-coil (he shoots with a Cheetah). Does that seem like a good choice? 4"?

Thanks again, guys.
    Excellent choice! I have one on my 2010 Bengal and my son has one on his jaguar. We have tried others but the s-coil was simple and did its job.
    As for the ccs no great gain or loss at least that is my opinion. Now for the STS That is a must in my opinion it made a big difference in all the Martins we own.
    Hope this helps
    HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com