Thread: ArcheryTalk

GolfinHunter

Default ArcheryTalk

Wow, what is up with AT? Did it fry beyond repair? Got a couple deals going on that I can't check on and starting to get a little worried. Thanks.

thespyhunter

miked said they were having problems with some sort of cable yesterday, and they were trying to get it fixed. I have a couple of things going on there as well, so i feel ya brother.
    blessings

GolfinHunter

Are they ever going to get AT fixed correctly?? I've got a few hundred bucks floating around AT for a bow I purchased and haven't seen yet. How am I supposed to know if I got stiffed or not if I can't get on the website to check things out???

It's been a week already. What's up? Am I going to lose this money because AT can't stay working properly long enough to finish a deal?!

thespyhunter

golfinhunter ~
    AT has been up and down since the server crashed. It was up and running just a few hours ago. I also have a deal or two going on there. Worry not brother, they will have it up again by morning I'm sure. Just make sure to get all the info you need to follow up on your deals when it IS up. That is what I am waiting to do. I NEED to get to my PM's. I have been on AT for almost two years and they have never had problems like what they are having now.

Blessings

GolfinHunter

Here we go again. What is going on with AT?????? I have $1,300 in deals outstanding right now and no way to check on them. Normally I wouldn't be worried about it, but I need that $1,300 right now.

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

They're working on getting AT back up and running. They've had to abandon the original hosting company and move to a new environment. The equivalent of getting divorced and married on the same day with all of the heartache and bliss. For all the reasons people love AT (premier classifieds, largest site, lots of people, well run, huge value as it's FREE, and friendly people) makes it a monster to run.

AT is basically as big or bigger than almost all of the websites out there with the exception of the eBay and Amazon.com sites. It's a monster and hosting companies go nuts trying to get that kind of huge billable. Then they fall through the floor actually trying to service it. Most hosting companies are trying to run a Ferrari on diesel when they provision AT. Does it suck? It sure does. And to think that exactly two people get paid to work on AT as a side job (in other words they volunteer most of their time), and the rest of the organization is volunteers, and except for a small amount of revenue from advertising (easily figured up when you look at the numbers of banners and associated costs) and you have the greatest deal in the archery community.

It'll be up and running again in a few hours I'm betting. The new servers are provisioned. This exact situation happened last year and it took two moves before the last hosting company gave good enough service to get AT up and running. This year the management hopped harder and faster (they're learning). It seems like hosting companies just can't keep up with a really large volatile/growing site like AT without getting stupid...