Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homemade target warning!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stuffed old feed bags with lumber tarps,most of which are cross woven,worked great and usually gets the tarps from Home Depot for free.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch, I can't say exactly, but with some repairs they last about 6-8 weeks, lets say 75 shots a day average. And i use a modular system - 3 boxes in a larger box without a front side and change only the first one. This is with the traditional bows and an old style compound, i shoot the MOAB at an old suitcase full of clothes.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours usually last about 6 months. That is 3 to 4 of us shooting regularly. Then the only thing we have to do is staple on a new face. Saves us a lot of time.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you're a whole archery gang!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Oh, you're a whole archery gang!
    Then add some customers and will take the town.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using old hot tub covers and cardboard for my targets. The styroafoam in a cover is usually 2-2 1/2 inches thick. I take one layer of foam, then 3-4 layers of cardboard. Then another layer of foam. Keep doing that until the target is at least a foot thick. Mine's a little over 2 feet thick, 3 feet wide, 4 feet tall. Mine's in a wood frame, but ratchet straps would work just as well. You can get the old hot tub covers for free from a local pool and spa place, and I use the cardboard that is on top of pallets we get chemicals shipped on. I even leave the vinyl covering on the tub covers. Plenty of room for dots, pretty light weight, and all you have to do is replace the first couple layers once or twice a year, depending on how much you shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I have been using old hot tub covers and cardboard for my targets. The styroafoam in a cover is usually 2-2 1/2 inches thick. I take one layer of foam, then 3-4 layers of cardboard. Then another layer of foam. Keep doing that until the target is at least a foot thick. Mine's a little over 2 feet thick, 3 feet wide, 4 feet tall. Mine's in a wood frame, but ratchet straps would work just as well. You can get the old hot tub covers for free from a local pool and spa place, and I use the cardboard that is on top of pallets we get chemicals shipped on. I even leave the vinyl covering on the tub covers. Plenty of room for dots, pretty light weight, and all you have to do is replace the first couple layers once or twice a year, depending on how much you shoot.
    That is a good way as well. Cheap and works well. Why pay to play when most of the time you can build it free.

HUTCH

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch

It seems this post was started in reference to a previous post you made about homemade targets. I would like to read that other thread but haven;t had any luck finding it. Suppose you could point me in the right direction? Please?

Thanks
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hutch!