Thread: Cheetah String Length

DeadOnX

Default Cheetah String Length

Hi,

I need to replace the string on my 09 Martin Cheetah. The specs on the sticker as well as on the the website call for an 85" string. When I removed and measured the string it's actual length is 84 1/2. I have another 09 cheetah and measured the string on that and it is also 84 1/2". What performace and or specification changes will happen to the bow when I put on an 85" string?

Post Thanks / Like

Order an 85" string, and have it installed by your Martin dealer. It will work just fine.

Trust me. You are trippin over mouse turds.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The actual length is what ever the sticker says. If it is 85" thats what the string is built to. Measuring it off the bow with no load will make a difference. Under load that length will change. It is not unusual to twist a string to get the Draw weight or the Draw length to proper specs. Usually with in 1/4"change of original length.
    When I build my strings I add a 1/4" to the total measurement of the string. Then twist the string to proper length under load. Once on the bow the cable and the string usually have to be twisted to get the right spec. This will make the bow preform perfect.
    Hope this helps
    HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

DeadOnX

Thanks guys. I'll get an 85 and see how it goes. BTW, Hutch that shooter is super!