Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the martin family

bowhunter2783

Default New to the martin family

I just want to say that I am a proud new member to the Martin Family. I was previously a die hard Mathews fan. Last season my Mathews Switchback XT was stolen. I went back to an old Myers Keller Legend Magnum but unfortunately, I had outgrown it. So, I was looking for a new bow, did some research, and came across a late season 2010 Martin Saber with 2011 features. I have been shooting it now for a few weeks, and absolutely love it! I have a quarter of the cost wrapped up in this bow compared to the cost of the Mathews. And I honestly feel the quality and accuracy are just as good, if not better. I just want to say "My hat's off to Martin", for such a great bow at such a reasonable price! And I also want to thank everyone who posts on the Martin forum, your information has been so helpful. Its hard to find people in this sport that are still willing to help fellow hunter out! And for that, I thank you all! Best of luck out there! Hunt Hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new bow!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and we will be looking forward to many years to come! Once a Martin owner always a Martin owner!
    HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site Jason. It is Jason is it not? I see you live right down the road from me. I'm up here just a few miles east of Harrisburg.

Wish you luck with the Saber. Not the highest end bow, but as you found it doesn't carry the price tag either, which just proves you don't have to spend $900 to get something that gets the job done at a fraction of the cost.

Hope you become an active member on here. We have a pretty good group of knowledgable people on here that are willing to give of their time to help others, and with very little back biting, I might add.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

RobD

Welcome to the Martin Family. You made a great choice in Brands. Hope to see alot more of you. ROB

SonnyThomas

Default New to the martin family

Welcome aboard. Like others said, I can't see where one can go wrong owning a Martin. Lots of shootability and in some cases for half to two thirds the cost.

bowhunter2783

Default I know it is a lower end bow

I know the saber is a lower end bow, but after shooting it you wouldn't know it. It still came with the Accu trak cam and the new green string. I spent well over $1000. on the last bow (the mathews) and another $300 redoing it 2 years later, and i only have spent around $300 for this whole set up (New martin). I had the extra fuse whisker biscuit and fuse rest I took off the mathews when i re did it. So I do need to come up with new rest and quiver, becuase I had them on that old legend I'm giving to my girlfriend. Yeah she is really getting into archery, I'm not sure what I did to get such an amazing women and now she is getting into hunting with me, I'm feeling pretty lucky! I look forward to being part of the Martin Family, Thank you all,

Jason Netzer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter2783 View Post
    So I do need to come up with new rest and quiver, becuase I had them on that old legend I'm giving to my girlfriend. Yeah she is really getting into archery, I'm not sure what I did to get such an amazing women and now she is getting into hunting with me, I'm feeling pretty lucky!
    I'd offer a word of caution here, make sure that she can draw the old MK legend easily. Too much draw weight will make it difficult for her to enjoy the sport. I'm not familar with the bow we're talking about, and so don't know it's draw weight range. Start her out with low poundage, she'll shoot more, learn faster and enjoy it all even more. Time enough to let her build up to hunting weights. If she's really interested, it may be time for her own bow. Too late on this one, but they come up often.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ghlight=martin
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I've always wondered about the pink camo - is it really popular among the female archers in the States or they are just too kind to tell that they don't like it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

My wife would put an arrow thru me if I ever bought her anything pink.
    Guess I'm lucky...