Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i searched for a picture of it i made but did not find it. But as i am still quite ill i'll have to wait a bit more to make some pictures of it.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Simon, i've read your posts second time and think i understand what's the problem. The best would be to swap the screws with bolts and nuts (if i've read your picture right).
    Wish you a quick recovery!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Montalaar, when you feel better and you can take some pics. I think we could help you with it. I have custom made all my tools. Bow press, string jig, arrow saw, arrow squaring tool etc, I like the challenge of repairing or making it better. If we can we will try to come up with a solution.
    HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Montalaar... If I understand this right the locking bolts were threaded through the alloy ( is it aluminum ). and now are striped out

If this is the case it is because the thin alloy only will take a few threads depending on how corse the thread.. easy fix is to epoxy some nuts on the alloy .. other is to bulk up the area with thicker plate of alloy and or use thread inserts...call your local machine shop they can point you to where you can get them localy... I would galdly tell you where here in the states but have no idea what shippin would be for some cheep thread inserts...BTW awsome lookin string...that serving looks nice-n-tight
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/