Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good Trend or Bad?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink my great used bow deals

heres how I get my bows.
    Browning Tornado-new $489 bare
    paid $140 after employee discount,sales,promotional
    traded it in on an NEW '04 Jennings Rackmaster,ended up paying $150 after trade-in and model year close out. Was $475 originally. Shot it for 6yrs before pursuing other hobbies. I found a Martin Jag w fusion cam at the pawn shop priced at $75. I walked with it for $60! Then I traded an old bolt action .22 for an Alpine Impact Extreme RTS. Traded another gun for an '02 Hoyt Protech,traded the Hoyt for an '05 PSE Primos STL,traded the PSE for a '10 Martin Cheetah RTS,traded some old tires for my Cougar 3 mag w nitrous cams RTS(Toxonics target sight prong rest,just shy of 3doz arrows),and last weekend I picked up a Hoyt Alphamax 35 for $500. But get this. My ex-wife offered to buy it for me for watching her 2 and 5yr old daughters so she could go to the superbowl party. Lol.

so I have the Hoyt,the Cougar 3,and the Cheetah that I shoot regular. Traded the Jaguar,and gave the Jennings and the Alpine to my Bro-in-law to get him back into bowhunting. My first bow was a PSE F2 Maxis that I traded my electric guitar for in high school.

Post Thanks / Like

Started with a $75. bow from Wallmart, figured it was a way to get the feel of archery without taking a loss if I didn't find it interesting enough. Been through 2 used bows from ebay over the past 10 years, both less than $300 each. After 10 years in Archery and for the first time, I bought a brand new bow; Shadowcat 2011. Does the bow cost a lot? Yes. But, sold a PSG G-Force on ebay to pay for 1/2 of the Shadowcat, so it was not too bad.

Yeah, bow prices are too high. Then with accessories and necessities the price grows. For responsible and paitent archers, a good bow will last +10 years though. So, worth it or not? Well, depends on how much someone likes archery or bow hunting, and thether they plan to make it a lasting endeavor. Aside from rock climbing, archery is my only other thing. Looking at 10 years of both activities, I have sent just under $2,000. in 10 years for archery bows/accessories and rock climbing gear. So, over 5-10 years, a good bow purchase costs less than the amount of money the average person spends on beer. So, yes it's worth it if you like the bow enough. But a smart idea to buy a cheap bow and arrows to play around with for a while before making an investment on something expensive and high-tech.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Lovely!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade