Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Trend or Bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    lol martin prolly is the other m
    NO, I was thinking Mathews. Martin is THE bow. Mathews is the other M bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i know!!! i was trying to be funny!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

you wont pay 1700 for a martin unless you're outfitting a whole hunting camp..barry would win the prize if there was one ...lol
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Martin should advertise as "The Original "M" Brand Bow"..... I used to shoot a Mathews, but I'll never go back to them after shooting Martin. Yes, I was a sucker for the advertising once.....bad me...shame shame....

Post Thanks / Like

I know this post is old, and you'll probably want to shoot me for this question. But, what is so wrong with the "B" Bow? I shot a bear bow when I 1st started shooting. It was an old Black Panther. I never had any issues with it, and upgraded to the Cougar Elite. But, why such a bad taste in the mouths on this post?

SonnyThomas

Default Good Trend or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by spekwa66 View Post
    I know this post is old, and you'll probably want to shoot me for this question. But, what is so wrong with the "B" Bow? I shot a bear bow when I 1st started shooting. It was an old Black Panther. I never had any issues with it, and upgraded to the Cougar Elite. But, why such a bad taste in the mouths on this post?
    The "B" spoke of probably was Bowtech, not Bear. Still, there wasn't so much "bad mouthing" of bows as there was of cost. And it is aggravating, trying to get some one new to archery involved when the cost can be outrageous.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I both bought 2010 Bengals from The Bow Depot in northern Colorado. The shop owner Doug wasn't pushy about what brand for us to buy. He showed us matching Bengals and we decided that they were comfortable and his words were "they make an excellent beginner bow." So we ended up buying them and have truely enjoyed having them. Over this past year of owning them, our shooting skills have improved greatly and we are extremely happy for buying them. One our biggest reasons for buying new and not used was warrenty, but at the price we bought them for, the bows were still cheaper then the quest and pses he had for sale.

SonnyThomas

Default Good Trend or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    Wife and I both bought 2010 Bengals .
    Good choice. Of the ones I've set up and owners shooting the Bengal is one darn good bow for the cost. I could say more bow than what the cost reflects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    The "B" spoke of probably was Bowtech, not Bear. Still, there wasn't so much "bad mouthing" of bows as there was of cost. And it is aggravating, trying to get some one new to archery involved when the cost can be outrageous.
    I apologize. I read fast and saw the **** and kept reading and saw the B. Now I realize my mistake. Archery can get expensive, but it doesn't have to be. If they want to spend that kind of money, its their fault. I'll shoot what I can afford, and shoot it great!

Post Thanks / Like

I think alot of new archers get turned off the sport when they purchase
    some of the most unforgiving bows made and wonder why they can't hit anything,and end frustrated and give up on it.Only good thing is you see alot of good deals on barely used bows.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X