Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dumb cable question

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot 60 lbs.

But keep in mind that i have a draw of 32". That leads to an exorbitant increase of stress in the cables.

I'd use 18 strands or maybe even only 16 strands with less drawlength. But i had so many limb problems that i wont risk anything (although i have a set of spare limbs now..)
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Back to this for a moment: "But here is ONE thing that might be interesting for ALL of you:
    I found out that a thicker serving affects cam timing a lot. After changing the serving thickness i could get 0.2" more draw out of the cam with the same timing and lengths. A thinner cable does come into contact with the module later but ALSO changes the whole cam timing.

You may all know that there is a post where the cables that feed into the module are connected to. When drawing the bow up to 32" the thick cables had to move PAST this post. With the thin cables the Cam comes to rest around 1/3" before the cable even comes into contact with this one. Amazing, hugh?"

Take a really thin piece of string and a really fat piece of string. Make sure both are of some sort of material that will not stretch. Now cut them to identical lengths - say 6". Now start one end of each at the same spot on a tin can or something and wrap them around it.
    The ends dont come out at the same spot.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely explained Spiker.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, good explanation Spiker and i must commit that it was really obious. The thing that bothers me is:

I get the same amount of draw with thin or thick cables. The Cam just has a weird cam rotation with the thick one...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL