Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Bengal: How hard is it to change draw length?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Stéphane, by the way the manual shows how to do this. If you don't have one go to the web site and down load
    Hutch
    Not mine. Thanks, I'll try with the stopper first and see how it goes. Very much appreciated. I owe you a beer.

SG

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stéphane, By the photo it looks like the draw stop is less then half way, if it was in the middle than it would be 26.5'.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stéphane did you get it set.. so your not moving your head foward.
    An To Hucth very nice info there guy / heck even i know how to ajust it now and dont even own 1
    Hows that peep tube treating you Stéphane.. in an earler post your were told how to back off limbs to ajust your mod ...you can do the same to swap out that peep your self when your ready too is curent one served in or is it wraped, just top an bottom that slide ?
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

the draw stop will give you alot of draw length adjustmemt, but also affects letoff. if you prefer a higher holding weight, id start by putting the next higher module in, or if adjustment is minor you may be ok just moving your stop a little. my cheetah with the f7 mod in and the stopper on the minus side feels really short. shorter than the f6 mod with the stop on the plus side all of the way. ........... its a matter of feel, and its best to adjust so you are comfortable, and steady. i seem to preferthe lighter letoff....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Justin, as he moves it to the + on the cam he will be getting more let off. He also is only 1/4" or so away from he draw length. According to the pic it is not at 26.5 length it is less. So moving it to the plus appears to be the best solution. Unless he finds the length to short.
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 12-08-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Time out please. It's Stéphane, not Stephanie. I'm a guy so lets start with that. I'm French Canadian, hence the name.

Okay, back to the real issue. I moved the draw stop, but wasn't entirely happy with that. So I tried to change the module to #4. I couldn't. The holes were slightly off in relation to the threads, meaning I couldn't put it on. It seems that the module isn't sitting perfectly in.

So, back to the original module with the draw stop backed a bit.

In my manual, it says I can get an extra 1/2" by moving the pegs. I have no idea what those are and how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

My sincere apologies about the gender mistake. Back to the real issue. Some of the cams have extra pegs. So you can take your string off one peg and move it to another. Thus 1/2" increments. The Acu trak doesn't. How far did you move your draw stop? Did you move it to the plus sign, if you did that would be 27"of draw length. Changing it to the next module would be 28" draw length. That can be done by loosening the limb bolts as we discussed before. Then have some one pull on the cable to move the position of the cam to install the module.
    Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    My sincere apologies about the gender mistake. Back to the real issue. Some of the cams have extra pegs. So you can take your string off one peg and move it to another. Thus 1/2" increments. The Acu trak doesn't. How far did you move your draw stop? Did you move it to the plus sign, if you did that would be 27"of draw length. Changing it to the next module would be 28" draw length. That can be done by loosening the limb bolts as we discussed before. Then have some one pull on the cable to move the position of the cam to install the module.
    Hutch
    I did back off the limbs, but it wasn't necessary. Removing the first module was easy. I tried to put the new one in, but it didn't fit. It doesn't sit properly. Just a tiny wee bit off. I tried moving the string but the module moves too, but no closer to fit. It might be a defective one. Now I don't want to take module #3 off because when I screwed it back in, I felt that the thread won't allow more playing with.

So, I might just bring it back to my pro shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that would be a good idea. Your pro shop can adjust it to the best comfortable fit. I know that I had to try 2 different modules to get it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

On top of thanking you again, I might add that your step by step was easy to understand and follow. You should write their manuals because I was so confused reading the instructions. You paint a good picture.

Mr. Stéphane