Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your thoughts?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your thoughts?

I have a hunter that lives near the end of my road. He displays his deer every year. By hanging it in the front yard, 30 feet from the road. That would be fine if he didn't skin it and cut it up right there also. As well as leaving the legs hanging when he is done. I think the people passing, hunters or not are probably offended. I also think it gives us a bad name as hunters.
    HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Disrespectful-take some pics and show your family and friends THAT want to see your prize.At the least ,show some respect to your game.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think..

As a hunter it is our job to be sure to "not offend " others
    I take great care of my game , from field to freezer. Now I do un load it in my driveway.. most the neighbors come over to take a look..then its in to the garage...skined, & etc. all behind closed doors.. My spring Tom, now that caused quite the sence. had ever kid around wanting feathers
    Few years back guy across the street picked up a buck that was hit buy car he was behind on the road..he hung that nasty lookin piece of road kill from the tree in the yard for two days while he tried to salvage it.
    now he did save most of the meat in the 1st night it was the rest that he picked at that was bad... thankfuly he listened to me and took it down and outa here... worst part was that my brother in law used to live there and I know that garage has a 6x8 beam to hang game...IT holds Elk
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in total agreement with you guys. Show some respect to the game, as well as the way of life. People that want to see the deer, don't neccessarily want to see the inside of the body cavity, so pictures will suffice. I have my processor hang my deer for me for a few days in the cooler, rather than let it hang outside. It's our duty to be responsible with our harvests, and not give the impression we are all "Hillbilly" hunters. I've seen deer hanging in trees in town here. Right along major streets. Granted, it's a small town, but not that small of a town. For every one of that type of guy, it makes 50 of the rest of us look bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I'm in total agreement with you guys. Show some respect to the game, as well as the way of life..........
    another one in agreement.
    In my area/state vast majority I know or see are very respectful of the game we hunt and of the feeling of others, but there are those few that are quite the opposite in it only for the blood lust and screw everyone else attitude.

I'm also a dirt biker (hear the boos & hisses?) Same things happens there, most keep their bikes quiet as we can, respect the trails and people we meet of the trails, and a lot of us belong to trail bike clubs that help maintain trails for all to use, but there are those few again out there, close to town and most in the public eye screaming illegally down the streets on excessive loud bikes, or throwing dust up and gravel in campgrounds put all in a stereo typical negative light.
    Last edited by RLW; 12-09-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Does he have a son who plays the banjo?

SonnyThomas

Default What is your thoughts?

You could make up a sign and plant in his front yard; "Dork lives here."

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, kind of like hanging your washing in the front yard. Doesn't he have a back yard? A case of just just showing off maybe.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked this same ? on At. I truly believe people don't read. 90% of them said it was ok.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

lol yeah it seems to be in really really bad taste.......
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight