Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin warthog

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin warthog

just wondering if anyone knows why they droped this bow?

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Doesn't make sense to drop a great bow like that one.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i shot one recently and was blown away......i really liked it!!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

probably dropped due to lack of sales.........I've noticed many seem to think they have to have short bows anymore, so maybe that super long 35" ATA turned them away? (personally I prefer bows 35" and longer, and think my 32" Bengal is too short, but it shoots nice)

Over the years, Martin seems to drop a bow name, only to bring it back a few years later..........Warthog and Firecat are both examples of that. Been around for many years, then dropped. Firecat came back in '08 and Warthog in '09
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    probably dropped due to lack of sales.........I've noticed many seem to think they have to have short bows anymore, so maybe that super long 35" ATA turned them away? (personally I prefer bows 35" and longer, and think my 32" Bengal is too short, but it shoots nice)

Over the years, Martin seems to drop a bow name, only to bring it back a few years later..........Warthog and Firecat are both examples of that. Been around for many years, then dropped. Firecat came back in '08 and Warthog in '09
    Exactly what RLW said. Probably lack of sales due to the ultra-long A2A---yeah, right!!!!!!!!! Start by looking at the specs on the 2011 bows. So many are right in the 32" range; virtual clones of each other except a slightly different riser and/or cam configuration.

Why the love affair with these short A2A bows is beyond me. Seems people are more worried these days about portability instead of shootability and accuracy. I'm a mere 5'8" and bows shorter than 36" just don't get it for me. Thus my choice being the Alien Z.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I really like my warthog and i to do not like the shorter bows .I am looking for a 60 lb bow for 3d and target and was disappointed at the new line up.I might look at the onza but have not seen or shot one yet. has any one else shot one and what are your thoughts on it?

Post Thanks / Like

look for them in shops sellin off old stock then... I too dont get the short ATA ........@ 6'4" I shoot 40"+ thou i do want to get my hands on a new martin perhaps in 2012 they will break this trend
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 30" ata bow this fall,thinking it would be really good for my hunting stand,but man my grouping is suffering.Never buy one again.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I owned a Martin Altitude. It was 30 3/8" ata, it grouped extremely well. All the way out to 80 yards. And yes it was all on me for aiming because it only had a 6 3/4" bh and short ata. The bow was not forgiving at all. But I learned to use it well. Now with the 2010 Bengal being 32 1/4" ata I don't have to concentrate so much. So I imagine a longer ata must really help.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

For me, my Warthog holds incredibly steady in hand, is fast and because it holds so steady, is consistantly accurate. There is a bit more shock than what some people would like but not a worry to me. The Hog is a great bow and will always be in my collection.