Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rytera Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera Seeker

I hope you like it. Interesting design!

(2) Hoyt PCEXL

SonnyThomas

Default Rytera Seeker

Saw it on AT. Now just add a true torque-less grip and.... Just a sec. Let me look something up..... Yep, thought so. Take a look. Hope the way is clear, if you know what a I mean...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Posted 10-31-2010

Quote:
    "If what we are seeing as a 'bridge' is actually the riser - with a piece (the grip) attached to the front of it - and this 'grip' is adjustable fore and aft, then there could be a very big draw length range.
    And if the top and bottom can be adjusted independently - then the grip could be positioned high to low...

...okay - now back to reality... "

---- wow - - - most likely the only thing I've gotten right all year...

I really do like the SST's.

Post Thanks / Like

im sorry i just dont follow....... i see that that other bow is using a martin patent....are you saying that bow is going to be really accurate? oh sonny, ive been shooting in the basement and my bow is twisting a little left sometimes on aftershot. (fromt of stabilizer is going left.) it isnt seeming to kick the aarow anywhere though. if only i had some sort of torquless grip......
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

SonnyThomas

Default Rytera Seeker

Well, how about that. I didn't see the fine print.

Mmmm? Here's the thing about what the bow does. Personally, me and me agreeing with a lot of coaches, the bow should go forward and tip forward. Okay this is something of one fluid move. Then, the bow will do whatever is natural to whoever is holding it. No big deal so long as the bow ends up in the same place each and every time.

Now, the torque-less grip. I can see it helping a bit, but it does not correct the shooter's grip/problem. To me, it's a crutch, a band-aid. Still, my comment surrounded the design of the Seeker. The grip is sort of.... Trying to figure how to put this...Separate from the riser? Or better yet, the riser and the string-draw are behind the grip and making a true torque-less grip situation, BUT! The proper grip would add to perfection? I think I want to say that...and then not sure that I do.

Here's something that wanders around in my brain about the Death Grip, the old saying; "You can't buy accuracy." Human influence and the bow reacting the same way each and every time.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a saying......."i prefer luck, to skill because you can always work on your skill, you cant work on your luck!!" so i attemptt to be skillful, and blame anything good that happens on skill.... im an amazing fisherman btw.... that sport requires dedication, and a lil luck.....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched a video in YouTube with this bow shown to Uncle Ted and was in a hurry to start a new thread here, but Simon was faster
    The Seeker looks a little strange, but i like it a lot. Especially the double string stopper. Now it would be nice to see some specs. Don't know how tall Ted Nugent is and can't understand the size of the bow. If it has a longer A2A it may become my new dream bow
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

AtA is 33", BH is from 5.5" to 8".

Draw is from 26" to 32"

Speed will be in mid range as the powerstroke will be at a maximum of 22.75" as copterdoc mentioned at AT (max draw - BH - 1.75" = 30 - 5.5 - 1.75 = 22.75)

So Speed wont change at all if you change your draw between different draw lengths by moving the BH up and down. THis bow is very attractive for all those people who like a higher BH for spots and a lower BH (for speed) for 3D.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, Simon! Well, the axle-to-axle isn't as long as i'd like, but still this is a great bow (or at least looks so). I wonder what else will come from Rytera.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to reserve my opinion till after I see some specs. I'd like to see a longer A2A with such an innovative design along with less reflex in the riser. With those two things it might have the potential to be an extremely nice target bow.

As it is it appears that a short draw person such as myself would have to give up a ton of speed or settle for the reflex with the grip moved to the rear. Not my cup of tea as I see it right now.

I'll still wait to see more detailed info, but it looks like it might be another Alien Z this year.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver