Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What fletching jig are you guys using?

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What fletching jig are you guys using?

We have two e-z fletcher's. They do ok! But we are looking at the Bohning tower. What do you guys use?
    http://www.bohning.com/store/bohning...ching-jig.html
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default cheep one

bought a grayling from cabelas darn if i can remember when.. got the right and stright clamp . at the time it was just to do repairs...but in the last few years (kids growing up) it was pressed it to service. Now if I had 2-5 more that would be great..one @ a time is ok for vains but doing feathers took forever...came out great thou so time well spent..all in all a nice cheep jig only had to trim it up a bit for clearance to do sm shafts.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Bitzenburger,but lately been using Nap Quick Fletch.Wife bought me some last year and was really surprised by how durable and good they worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Bet the Bitzenburger works great!

Post Thanks / Like

It does work good,but I have never used anything else to compare,the best thing ,it was given to me

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great savings. Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Those Bitzenburger's aren't cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I started with Cabela's multi fletch. Puts on 3 vanes at a time. Biggest piece of junk I've seen. Now I use a Bitzenberger. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bohning jig. Works fine for me but I only do a dozen or so at a time. Tried the Bohning Helix but didn't really didn't see the benefit of the helical fletch on my 3d arrows.

Post Thanks / Like

Arizona EZ Fletch!

It doesn't get any easier!

-Masta

SonnyThomas

Default What fletching jig are you guys using?

A few. I have a Martin with a straight clamp and I believe a 5 degree clamp, a Bitzenberger with full helical clamp and one with a straight clamp, a Jo-Jan single with full helical clamp, a 2 degree Bohning Tower (was upgraded with new clamp ring which aids spacing and extension blocks to place vanes farther up the shaft), 6 station Jo-Jan with straight clamps and a 6 station Jo-Jan with helical clamps.
    For the money I gave for the Bitz, it sucks and then I got into a pis___ match with Bitz over a straight clamp. I don't take crap from no one and da___ hate it when someone spits out BS to me. They screwed up and didn't want to correct the mistake. And the Bitz isn't a bit better than the Martin or Jo-Jan as far as spacing of fletchings. The upgrade kit for the Bitz is a must for perfect spacing, but I think another $35. The 5 degree clamp of the Martin is great as the degree still allows the arrow to be shot through a prong style rest (non-Nano arrows that is). The Bohning Tower??? I don't know as I haven't' worked with it that much - okay for single arrows, I guess, and then kind of costly for a all plastic jig. The multi Jo-Jans have proved the best and then I do quite a few dozen arrows per year. Oddly, though, the multi Jo-Jans have darn good spacing of fletchings. All jigs have their little quirks or "do it this way" to get a good fletching job. For the Jo-Jans and short vanes I use a matching vane in the far end of clamp so get a good seat of the vane being glued.
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 12-10-2010 at 08:03 PM.