Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm shooting tubeless

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm shooting tubeless

Thanks to the guys who told me to go tubeless with me peep sight. I went to the pro shop today and I told him that I shot well over a 100 shots and that I wanted to go without the tube.

A bit reluctant because I got the info of the internet (I guess some of you would understand where comes from). But he still did it. Of course he was right, the peep didn't lined up. This is when he was probably torn between the "I told you so" and the putting back the old system on. So, he tried to turn the string one more time and Bingo!

I got home, tried it for about 30 shots and I love it.

Off topic
    By the way, this Bengal is a fantastic bow. I absolutely love it. Very forgiving, smooth and most of all, fun to shoot. As a matter of fact, I'm so happy with my 30 yard grouping that I will try deer hunting this year for the first time in my life. Really excited.

Post Thanks / Like

good for you man ...most of the time they do want to just slap the tube back on... you will not notice it but you have gain a bit of speed too.
    Learn all you can from where ever you can get the info keep on shooting
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats,tubeless is the way to go and maybe save an eye.What did you put in for a peep?

Post Thanks / Like

if it doesnt mess you up to much, and your peep starts to twist on you a bit you can slide it up or down your string a little bit and it should straighten out. u might have to adjust your sight a lil though. but a consistant sight picture is key to good groups.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    good for you man ...most of the time they do want to just slap the tube back on... you will not notice it but you have gain a bit of speed too.
    Learn all you can from where ever you can get the info keep on shooting
    Oh, I've noticed. First of, my shots were higher, 2nd at 20 yards, the broadheads go through the 2' wide Styrofoam block while before they would just swallow half my arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Congrats,tubeless is the way to go and maybe save an eye.What did you put in for a peep?
    I don't know the name, but what I did notice is the bow is louder all of a sudden. I'll get an sts shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    if it doesnt mess you up to much, and your peep starts to twist on you a bit you can slide it up or down your string a little bit and it should straighten out. u might have to adjust your sight a lil though. but a consistant sight picture is key to good groups.
    Yes, my group got wider, so it needs some adjustments on my part to pick the same point every single time. Mind you, I've been shooting for over 2 hours too. I can feel it in my shoulder blade. I'll go again tomorrow, because they have a 3D shoot for charity.

All in all, I'm pleased and I'll never go back to a tube.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll love that bow more and more once you learn it inside and out. Also when you learn to work on it that will help. It will be self rewarding.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post

I don't know the name, but what I did notice is the bow is louder all of a sudden. I'll get an sts shortly.
    Peeps with tubing slow the string down, so now without the tubing, the string can ocilate more, causing more noise. The STS should take care of the problem.
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 12-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    Yes, my group got wider, so it needs some adjustments on my part to pick the same point every single time. Mind you, I've been shooting for over 2 hours too. I can feel it in my shoulder blade. .
    Be careful and dont over do it when playing with that new toy..
    take short brakes inbetween rounds..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Be careful and dont over do it when playing with that new toy..
    take short brakes inbetween rounds..
    X2-Your shooting will go down hill and when you start to fatigue and ache.
    When I first started I set a limit of how many arrows I would shoot and feel comfortable with,then up it as my muscles and stamina built up.Just my .02

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    X2-Your shooting will go down hill and when you start to fatigue and ache.
    When I first started I set a limit of how many arrows I would shoot and feel comfortable with,then up it as my muscles and stamina built up.Just my .02
    x3 Build slowly and you do much better.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com