Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm shooting tubeless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Be careful and dont over do it when playing with that new toy..
    take short brakes inbetween rounds..
    X4 I definitely agree as well. My accuracy goes down if I've shot too many rounds consecutively.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I tell you all a quick story about i guy i used to shoot with... we would start out with some marked yardage warm ups ..then move our targets an start playing games ...most fun was fallow the leader...just with a twist we called it Hawk.. yep as in arrow hawking. so one can imagine you try to make the hardest shot you can at some un known distance to prevent your arrow getting hit ( back in the day befor range finders) After a long hot day of this your shots start to waver. well this guy would start moving his sights /rest, what ever he could blame the fact that he just wiffed some shot... now this guy gave up archery all be cause he just had to keep messin with his set up...
    so take note boy an girls if your shooting your bow for hours and then you start to miss ...IT is NOT you bows falt lay it down for a bit and try again an hey look it fixed its slef
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

shooting tired is a really good way to pick up bad habits!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

and catch a good case of TP i dare not type the words
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

SonnyThomas

Default I'm shooting tubeless

This thing of saving one's eye. Evidently, people don't know how to prevent the situation. First, I will not use that "cloths pin" that comes with the kits. Here, the tube can slip off the "cloths pin" and the rubber can come right back at you. I tie a knot and tie it so the end points up. Second, I always have the rubber tubing as long as I can and yet short enough to straighten the peep. This cuts down on tension and prolongs life. Mostly, the rubber wears out at the post of the peep. Here, having the tubing as long as possible and yet short enough to straighten peep I can remove the broken tubing from the post and re-attach the long piece until it breaks again. When it breaks the second time I then replace the tubing.

I've used the rubber tubing on my hunting bow for all the 10 years I've owned it and never had the rubber break at the knot.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you are not using the clothes pin..that cheep thing caused damage to both the bows we picked up used for the grandkids..one was atached to one leg of the Y yoke and cut a strand..new string on that one the other i was able to just reserve.. I used to use one too then I had a surenoc metal loop to align peep.. new string now and that things is gone too.
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    This thing of saving one's eye. Evidently, people don't know how to prevent the situation. First, I will not use that "cloths pin" that comes with the kits. Here, the tube can slip off the "cloths pin" and the rubber can come right back at you. I tie a knot and tie it so the end points up. Second, I always have the rubber tubing as long as I can and yet short enough to straighten the peep. This cuts down on tension and prolongs life. Mostly, the rubber wears out at the post of the peep. Here, having the tubing as long as possible and yet short enough to straighten peep I can remove the broken tubing from the post and re-attach the long piece until it breaks again. When it breaks the second time I then replace the tubing.

I've used the rubber tubing on my hunting bow for all the 10 years I've owned it and never had the rubber break at the knot.
    I know with good bow maintenance it should not happen,but it is 1 less thing to worry about.Plus don't forget Ralphie

Post Thanks / Like

When I had a tube peep I never had the tubing break, but I tied it on as well. Even the bows I worked on that had tube peeps would just have worn rubber on the post of the peep, like you stated.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

SonnyThomas

Default I'm shooting tubeless

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    I know with good bow maintenance it should not happen,but it is 1 less thing to worry about.Plus don't forget Ralphie
    I have no problem with someone preferring tubeless or using tubing. I use both. My 3 target bows are tubeless. 1 less thing to worry about always isn't true. All strings stretch or change over a period numerous shots or weather conditions. 6 or 7 different makes of strings and I've been there and done that to the tune of some 12,000 to 15,000 shots per year for the last 10years. I have to practice to stay up. I'm left eye dominent and have to shoot right handed.

So who's Ralphie?

Post Thanks / Like

So who's Ralphie?
    Just a little christmas joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Story