Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your techniques for quieting your bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    copterdoc, how long do the string leeches last you. I know on my old martin altitude they wouldn't make it 3 months.
    The S shaped ones are garbage. Along with a lot of Sim's products.

You need to find the crossbow style, or Super Leech (they are both the same thing, with a different name).

Those, will outlast your string. I STILL am using the set that came on my first Bullet-X, that I bought in 2006.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    The S shaped ones are garbage. Along with a lot of Sim's products.

You need to find the crossbow style, or Super Leech (they are both the same thing, with a different name).

Those, will outlast your string. I STILL am using the set that came on my first Bullet-X, that I bought in 2006.
    The x factor ones that came with the bow seem to me to be holding out and working. But I will keep those in mind when I get the urge to change them.
    Thanks Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

SonnyThomas

Default What are your techniques for quieting your bow?

One thing I know about string leaches or jacks, they sure go in a hurry. The string pressure just cuts them in half. For cat whiskers I use them tiny draw tags things and snip off the excess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Alien String Silencers:

...sorry - couldn't resist...
    Am i seeing a Lego fan?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    .........good old Cat Whiskers in my opinion are far better than leaches.I like to put limb savers on too,and think they help.......
    That's how my bows are equipped. Also have mini limb savers on my old Firecats, Martin quiver, and have STS on my Bengal.
    I tried string leaches, but like so many others, found the life to be short, cutting in half as mentioned. Went right back to cat whiskers......and FYI, my tests shown 2 fps drop with whiskers on two different bows.

I also prefer arrow weights in the 6.2 - 6.5grs/in range. Seems to be a good comprimise between speed and noise.
    Bows just shoot quieter with heavier arrows than they do with minimum weight arrows
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys use the full cat whisker or cut them in half?I use the full but next one will be cut in half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Do you guys use the full cat whisker or cut them in half?I use the full but next one will be cut in half.
    Half......and do it similar to the way I saw it done on this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WNx...eature=related
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Am i seeing a Lego fan?
    I think you probably are. LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

My son is the Lego fan.
    I'm just a fan of all things strange and different...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    My son is the Lego fan.
    I'm just a fan of all things strange and different...
    So that's why you shoot an Alien. LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com