Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deerless!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deerless!

Been in the woods in the past years. Never saw a deer, except the one I shot. Been in the woods this year saw more deer than I have seen in 10 years, and haven't been able to shoot. Whats up with that!!!
    I only have one more day that I can get out. Hopefully I will not see another deer except the one I shoot!
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

thats a tuff year.... I know what your saying too This year was the 1st of many that we did not take something in gun season..did not even see a buck to think of not shootin ( sons 1st year he wanted 3pt or better) untell the end of the season then he was begging to see a forkey..no luck till elk season and he found him self face to face with a very nice muture Black Tail gave him a nice long look to..add that to the cougar he saw in early bow season and he's doing great on the seeing just not the shooting.... I was able to get on a few doe's this afternoon out behind our place.. Sorry but i let um walk I want that buck they got sniffing around..be back at in the am..so with luck if not that one doe best hide better on the last day
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Last day of deer season and me and my son are deerless! Maybe next year. We never gave up even to the end!
    Hutch

SonnyThomas

Default Deerless!

Not deerless....yet. End of season runs to mid January. Was out this evening for little over a hour, but just to see if anything was moving. And they were. Maybe a hour before I got in the timber deer had moved through. So I took a short set in the upper deer stand and not 5 minutes went by before a fair size buck loped across the bean field west of me. So I got down and headed to the north deer stand. Deer tracks all over the place! So I stood by the tree my stand is in. 10 minutes maybe and here comes this whopper buck on the run. Dang! Within distance and he's hauling the mail. So I head for the creek bottom. More deer tracks. Up from the bottom to the mowed trail and more tracks.
    I will be in one tree stand or another come morning....

Post Thanks / Like

Must be nice to Hunt all the way into January. But I guess I can't complain ours went to Dec. 15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Must be nice to Hunt all the way into January. But I guess I can't complain ours went to Dec. 15.
    And started Sept. 15.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

SonnyThomas

Default Deerless!

Our's, in Illinois, starts Oct 1 and runs to Jan 16. For those who can hunt the late firearms season you have to wear blaze orange.

Post Thanks / Like

Our season ended a month ago,seen nothing but Does.Always next year

SonnyThomas

Default Deerless!

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Our season ended a month ago,seen nothing but Does.Always next year
    My old friend's son had a place over run with does. The first year they took 16 and the second year they took 15. The third year Robbie final connected on a descent buck, but after he had taken another 5 does. My old friend passed away two years ago, but talking with Robbie, he says the does still need thinned out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    My old friend's son had a place over run with does. The first year they took 16 and the second year they took 15. The third year Robbie final connected on a descent buck, but after he had taken another 5 does. My old friend passed away two years ago, but talking with Robbie, he says the does still need thinned out.
    Around here we are over-run with them in certain places,but the DNR have a draw system for doe tags,might as well buy a lottery ticket-my chances might be betterI think our season ends too early-second week of November,just when the bucks are really moving.
    Last edited by Simple Life; 12-17-2010 at 05:27 PM.