Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deerless!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    My old friend's son had a place over run with does. The first year they took 16 and the second year they took 15. The third year Robbie final connected on a descent buck, but after he had taken another 5 does. My old friend passed away two years ago, but talking with Robbie, he says the does still need thinned out.
    36 does for 3 years! This looks like industrial hunting to me. What's the population there that it's allowed to kill so many?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My son and I are going out to pick up the blind and tree-stand today. I suppose we could start shoot coyotes to say we shot something this year, and maybe that would make us feel better.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

In BC, we're pretty lucky too. Region 8 will close on Monday (both sex) and there are a couple of islands that are open until xmas and the other until mid-Junuary. Bow Only, both sex up to 3 deer.

I'm brand new to archery and first time deer hunting next Monday. White tail only where I'm going. On the islands I was mentioning, black tail is the game.

Post Thanks / Like

they can run but hide even better...lol no black tail bucks fell to my bow this year nor to the wifes gun or sons... was lucky enough to fill a doe tag.. sadly our seasons closed now too still got bear to the 31st along with cougar soon as we re- tag up after 1st of the year its going to on for them cats and any yote thats willin to show it self...got to get some trigger time for the youngster
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    they can run but hide even better...lol no black tail bucks fell to my bow this year nor to the wifes gun or sons... was lucky enough to fill a doe tag.. sadly our seasons closed now too still got bear to the 31st along with cougar soon as we re- tag up after 1st of the year its going to on for them cats and any yote thats willin to show it self...got to get some trigger time for the youngster
    Cougar..with bow or gun?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing Elkslayer he will jump on it and rip it apart with his teeth!
    He doesn't need a gun or a bow.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Knowing Elkslayer he will jump on it and rip it apart with his teeth! He doesn't need a gun or a bow.
    I realy would if i had too

I did know some guys that hunted pigs with knifes... was way younger then still was smart enough not to try that thou..
    I will shoot at a cat with what ever i hapen to have...Gladly I am a big man and they fear me.. Sure hope i do not look like a easy meal .. .357 on my hip .. tips things even more to my side
    I did have bow in hand this past september when my son spoted a cat just above our camp..lucky cat was fast enough that the son did not get the 25.06 onit..( bear hunting). I never got to see it Im just the one that heard it. hate to think it was headed for the boy 50yrd down below me..would have had to cross a road and MY path.. as hutch jokingly said it.. Any Dad would.. mom ,brother,sister & friend for that matter
    They dont run dogs on them any more so cats are doing well. Tags are plentiful and cheep... Our law officers will say shoot on sight then tag it..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    I realy would if i had too

I did know some guys that hunted pigs with knifes... was way younger then still was smart enough not to try that thou..
    I will shoot at a cat with what ever i hapen to have...Gladly I am a big man and they fear me.. Sure hope i do not look like a easy meal .. .357 on my hip .. tips things even more to my side
    I did have bow in hand this past september when my son spoted a cat just above our camp..lucky cat was fast enough that the son did not get the 25.06 onit..( bear hunting). I never got to see it Im just the one that heard it. hate to think it was headed for the boy 50yrd down below me..would have had to cross a road and MY path.. as hutch jokingly said it.. Any Dad would.. mom ,brother,sister & friend for that matter
    They dont run dogs on them any more so cats are doing well. Tags are plentiful and cheep... Our law officers will say shoot on sight then tag it..
    I so gotta move out there...

Post Thanks / Like

better hurry.. befor the Ofw makes more changes..new this year is the draw cow hunt in the late archery season
    just found this out today when i picked up new reg's
    darn now its just end of aug- sept thankfuly they did not change deer season that archery season stays aug -sept then again mid nov - mid dec just hate losing that 3 week cow hunt on my genral tag ( one elk/ bull , cow early season- then cow only for late) well it was anyway...
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Our archery season here in KS runs from Sept. 20th through Dec. 31st. Gun season is Dec.1-13 I believe. Gotta wear orange to bow hunt during rifle season. That long of a season, and not many guys are tagging out on decent bucks. I think it's just a stange year for bucks this year. The doe harvest is as good as ever, I think bow hunters can take 4 does a year, but bucks are either more elusive, or fewer this year. I saw more bucks than usual, but all of them were little forks, or 6 points. Brother and dad rifle hunting only saw one possible shooter buck. Neither harvested a buck. Let's all hope next year is better. lol