Thread: Help with Martin Cheetah 2009

Unregistered

Default Help with Martin Cheetah 2009

Hey guys, I tried to register and it said it has been disabled by administration.

Here is my situation:

I have a Martin Cheetah, New for Xmas LAST year. 2009 bow.

While on stand 2 weeks ago, I had a buck coming in and took the bow off the hanger and set it on my thigh to get ready and heard a small noise and felt the cam "give" a bit.

Never noticed this so I was immediately concerned. Passed on the deer and headed back to the house as soon as it was clear.

I shot several shots with no problems.

If I place the cam in the palm of my hand and apply light pressure the cam SHIFTS upward, and when you let off the pressure it comes back down with a very faint popping noise. There is NO side to side movement, only vertical movement.

I later noticed the top wheel does the exact same thing in the opposite direction. Is this part of the design or are the bushings already worn out? I have shot this bow very little as I had shoulder surgery in May and couldn't shoot from May to September.

I took it to the local shop and they don't deal in Martin but said it would need to be sent back...OR...could be part of the design, the didn't know, they did note they have never seen one do this.

I still have a month of season left here, just looking for some reassurance from Martin.

Any ideas?

Please Help,

Corey Suter
    corey_suter@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance for any help.

stehawk

I've never seen or heard of anything like you describe. It is not part of any design. Call Martin---ask to speak to a tech rep----get a RA#-----send it back to Martin. They will take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Best advice is to call Martin Customer service, and ask them what to do. They are very good, and usually very fast. I've never heard of, or seen a bow act like yours is acting. If bearings were out, I'd think it'd be sloppy in all directions around the axle, not just when pushed up or down. Almost sounds like a worn axle hole in the limbs. Just give them a call, they'll get you fixed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey guys, I tried to register and it said it has been disabled by administration.
    As far as not being able to register, this forum is going to be redone, so that's why the administration disabled registrations for now. I'm sure it won't be long before you can register.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com