View Poll Results: Carbon Vs. Aluminum arrows?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carbon

23 100.00%
  • Aluminum

1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carbon Vs. Aluminum arrows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    When my wife and I got married back in '94 we used an arrow pen I built for the guests to sign our book.
    Still have it with our wedding junk - plus a few more I'd made back then...
    So is that when you stopped "dear" hunting and took up "deer" hunting?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    So is that when you stopped "dear" hunting and took up "deer" hunting?
    Well I was both Dear and Deer hunting before then but after that I did have to stop Fox hunting down at Crooked Creek (a local bar).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Well I was both Dear and Deer hunting before then but after that I did have to stop Fox hunting down at Crooked Creek (a local bar).
    there ya go spiker ...lol best to stay away of old stompin grounds once you have taken the trophy "Fox"
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Oh yeah, carbon, aluminum does'nt stand a chance with those two plants.
    not like it matters.. only way you can find an arrow in that stuff is When it dose get broken... stuffs so thick takes a chain saw & fire to remove it till next spring.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Getting back to the original subject, I can think of one good reason to shoot aluminum. Have any of you guys ever tried to pull a carbon arrow from a McKenzie target? Probably the answer is yes. Now, have you ever tried to pull a carbon arrow from a McKenzie target when it's about 20 degrees Farenheit? This is where aluminum really really shines.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting back to the original subject, I can think of one good reason to shoot aluminum. Have any of you guys ever tried to pull a carbon arrow from a McKenzie target? Probably the answer is yes. Now, have you ever tried to pull a carbon arrow from a McKenzie target when it's about 20 degrees Farenheit? This is where aluminum really really shines.
    Good point!
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

SonnyThomas

Default Carbon Vs. Aluminum arrows?

You've been over to some of the clubs I shoot at. This one club bought bunches of McKenzie centers way back. Yeah, the old foam material. Come early spring you need 3 to 4 in a group. Not to have fun, but two to hold the target and two to pull the arrow.

Post Thanks / Like

that is a good point..they sure do pull easy.. carbon is even hard to pull from the cedar chip butts my club uses...forced me to buy a arrow grip tool... but with the carbon being lighter.. I over looked this fact when I got the vapors for the target bow...good thing i already had that puller

A myth.. years ago I was worried about carbon splinters getting into game meat...
    any one ever see it /have it happen.. its always a friend of a friends girlfrends brothers buddy.

A few years ago.. I sadly shot high and put one threw the spine. that deer was flat knocked over my alum 2315 was dented and sligtly bent...not sure a carbon would have come out intact..gladly all back strap was saved.
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

I still shoot into a couple McKenzie targets I have from time to time. I've found a half quart of motor oil poured over the side of them really improves arrow pull. And it lasts for months. Works better than arrow lube. Finally thought of trying that after bending several aluminum, and breaking several carbon arrows trying to get them out. I can live with my deer or bear target having a dark stain on it. lol