Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Pantera

Post Thanks / Like

Limb problems are a taboo subject, but I will say this much. I have never had a set of Martin limbs crack, that were 14" or longer.

I have had 13" limbs crack, and it was always at the bottom of the limb fork.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    Limb problems are a taboo subject, but I will say this much. I have never had a set of Martin limbs crack, that were 14" or longer.

I have had 13" limbs crack, and it was always at the bottom of the limb fork.
    Same here, although It's only been one limb...and as you stated, right at the bottom of the limb fork. I could also be wrong on this, but I'm quite certain that the major cause is the limbs being twisted (cam lean) as the bow is drawn and then shot. The shorter the bow the more severe the twist becomes. And of course, the longer the draw and higher the draw weight the more stress is on the limbs.

To tell the truth I would hate to be someone trying to engineer these bows today, trying to squeeze out every last fps of speed with these short bows and still get some duration. People have become accustomed to getting more performance out of bows than they are capable of sustaining with the limb technology as we know it.

Bows have come a long way from the 70's, but to be honest they are not as much fun to shoot as they once were. We are just too caught up in technology instead of just having fun with our expensive toys.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

bowhunterJB

Alright thank you everyone, I'm gonna send them back to martin and we'll see what go's on from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know what happens.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Belak

Default Pantera Limbs snap

I have had the same experience..

2010 Pantera, 10 days old, shooting at an indoor range.. snapped the bottom limb. It has now been two weeks waiting for replacement limbs.

It exploded (snapped the string, limb and folded the carbon arrow in thirds right in my face.

Shooting lefty.. 31" draw, 70#
    Attached Images Attached Images

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belak View Post
    I have had the same experience..

2010 Pantera, 10 days old, shooting at an indoor range.. snapped the bottom limb. It has now been two weeks waiting for replacement limbs.

It exploded (snapped the string, limb and folded the carbon arrow in thirds right in my face.

Shooting lefty.. 31" draw, 70#
    That didn't look like fun at all. Hopefully you are alright.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Martin had the Pantera in 07, then dropped it from the line untill 2010 when they redesigned it, didn't have an 09 model. The limbs in the pic above with the red lamination were the updated limbs for 2010. I sold about 10 Panteras last year and did have one that came back when the bottom limb delaminated, not quite as bad as the one above though, but that customer was also a 31" DL. I replaced his limbs and he hasn't had a problem since.

Advantage Custom Strings