Thread: Newbie with Questions

Unregistered

Default Newbie with Questions

Heard alot about Martins and currently have an over 15 yr PSE. Time to upgrade and am looking at these three bows and would like input. They are the Cheetah Mag, Bengal Mag, and Sabre Mag so what are everyones take on these. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Being as I don't like short bows the Cheetah would not be on my list. The Saber is an entry level bow, and a good one if you're on a budget. Of the three I would choose the Bengal.

All three use the same limbs and cams. The main difference is in the riser. Considering the age of your present bow you can't go wrong with any of the three. You really should shoot them all and base your decision on how they feel. Chances are they'll all feel about the same due to having the same cam, but that would be my advice to anybody.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 20+ year old compound bow which my dad gave me last June. Finally, after getting decent enough run with it, I thought I should buy a new bow.

For the longest time, I eyed the Cheetah. It's small, light and the reviews were great. When it finally came a time for me to buy one, I bought the Bengal. There was only a $30 difference and I couldn't see why I should stick with my first choice.

As soon as I got the bow, I was automatically impressed. Smooth, fast and forgiving. Check one the thread I started,http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=8217
    and see the grouping I had after less than 40 shots. On top of that, the people here are top notch to help you out.

I am so glad I bought a Martin bow. The Bengal totally suits my needs and I know I'll be happy for years to come. I bought a superior product that comes with a great community for support.

Can't go wrong here.

RobD

I'd go with the Bengal.I've shoot all three and Bengal was best. But you should shoot them for yourself and decide.
    Last edited by RobD; 12-14-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta agree with RobD. I've shot the Cheetah and Bengal both. The Bengal just felt the smoothest, and most shock free. Now I own a Bengal. Best bow for the money out there in my opinion. But it's how the bow shoots and feels for each individual person.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree BENGAL BENGAL BENGAL, I'm not partial, I just own one.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

since i shoot a cougarIII elite i have no idea of the 3 listed what is best for you...do your self a favor ,listen to all that say the bengal because they have one while doing what bfisher sujested and go shoot them , you may deside you prefer the feal of the cheetha's grip over the rest..bow has to fit your hand.. my wife an son both have great bows but i cant shoot them to save my life.. & no they dont shoot a martin.. wife just liked the feal of a differant bow befor i could get her hands on a martin that would fit her... so she has what she wanted. so get out there get your hands on those that fit your needs..you will know what you like ... I say get that one, you will be most happy with it
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/