Thread: Arrow distance chart??

Unregistered

Default Arrow distance chart??

My son has a science project looking at distance arrows travel at various angles. Is there any type of chart, resource, etc, that is available to see how his results compare? Thanks, please send to wirthrph@yahoo. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son has a science project looking at distance arrows travel at various angles. Is there any type of chart, resource, etc, that is available to see how his results compare? Thanks, please send to wirthrph@yahoo. Thanks.
    I'll do a little checking nd get back to you.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I didn't find anything particular to any charts, but just Google "Flight Shooting Archery" and this might give some insight as to how far an arrow can travel.

For what it's worth, the record is over 2000 yards, which is over 1 mile. This from a crossbow. The record for a hand-held compound bow is something over 1,320 yards.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

lol interesting. physics equations will do more for you than a chart i think. and you have to calculate you coefiecient of drag, then measure your shooting angle and aarow velocity and total distance traveled. aarow drop..... lol umm how indepth is this? highschool physics? it can go either way pretty far.....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

SonnyThomas

Default Arrow distance chart??

I don't think Peter can see anything until he gets registered. I emailed him Archery Flight Records and told him to check some archery programs.