View Poll Results: Single Cam or Dual cam, which do you guys prefer?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single Cam

11 37.93%
  • Dual Cam

18 62.07%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Cam or Dual cam, which do you guys prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Single Cam or Dual cam, which do you guys prefer?

I've shot both, and I have to say that the dual cam I had (PSE The BEAST) was more of pain to tune, even though when it was tuned correctly it shot very well. Right now I'd have to say that I prefer single cam, but I'll know better when I've used a newer dual cam( I'd like to get the Silencer or the Firecat 400).
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the single cam for the ease of tuning. I would buy a dual cam for target. Both should be another choice.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

lol i picked dual... yeah harder to tune, but worth the performance. if i shot for hunting only or ocasionally, id stick with the single, due to the easy factor.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I've shot both, and I have to say that the dual cam I had (PSE The BEAST) was more of pain to tune, even though when it was tuned correctly it shot very well. Right now I'd have to say that I prefer single cam, but I'll know better when I've used a newer dual cam( I'd like to get the Silencer or the Firecat 400).
    Martins C.A.T and NITRO cams and the Rytera Hybrix are not true dual cams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Martins C.A.T and NITRO cams and the Rytera Hybrix are not true dual cams.
    Thanks for the info Spiker. I didn't realize that.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Single.I have been on the fence about my next bow being a dual or single.
    For the hunting I do max 25yd,I just don't know ,the singles are a little easier to tune.Only time well tell I guess.

SonnyThomas

Default Single Cam or Dual cam, which do you guys prefer?

I could live quite happy (and do) with single cam. I still use one for hunting and once so often get out my Old War Horse with single cam. I've told of it in another reply, but again, my Ole War Horse has placed and won more than all my dual cams bows put together.
    I've probably owned every single cam UltraTec Hoyt made from 1999 thru 2002. I owned UltraTecs with Command Cams and Cam & 1/2 up thru 2006. This last year I picked up a Martin Shadowcat and haven't looked back, but the Catcams are pretty aggressive and have a fair hump/bump at the end of the draw cycle. The Shadowcat is another of the most accurate bows I've ever owned.

Post Thanks / Like

since the coming of the alien x my prefrance is dual cams,they are a little of a pain to tune but when you do get them tuned they are fast, acurate, and smooth and imo the best looking bows out there. i got the new onza 3 today, it is one sharp bow. i got it all set up but it got dark before i could shoot it.i will check that out in the morning.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

My preference is with true dual cams as the Nitrous Cam for e.g..
    But as nearly all manufacturers do not offer true dual cams i will stick to hybrid cams...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

NeilM

As a finger shooter I prefer dual cam, when I shoot release I like single.

I find that due to my style of shooting, dual cams really suit me well and I get the best accuracy from them, I find single cam bows just a little too 'soft' and I'm always a little inconsistent.

My release style is completely different and so I can live with the soft feel of the single cam and get some great accuracy.