Thread: New hammerhead strings 2011

Aaron

Default New hammerhead strings 2011

Martin promises that the new strings for 2011 are prestretched and will not have any peep alignment issues. What do you think of this claim. I am new to bow hunting and just bought a Martin Saber 2010 but I do not like using a rubber band for the peep. I am wondering if I should upgrade to the 2011 or just restring the bow for around $100 at a local shop.

Any thoughts?

Also, why can't I register? It says that the administrator has disabled registration.

RobD

I would just restring it. Unless your itching for a new bow.
    I think they are updating the Forum, so it won't let anybody register till its done. Welcome to the Forum.

SonnyThomas

Default New hammerhead strings 2011

Aaron, I just helped set up a new 2011 Onza 3 and the peep never moved one bit for the some 50 or more shots that followed installation. I thought that was great.

For the strings you have, learning to "tame" the present bow string for peep alignment would be good training. A lot of strings are quite good, but need fiddled with until a good breaking in. I've seen some strings not behave until after a 1000 shots and then these strings go on to serve the owner for several thousand shots after.

Post Thanks / Like

I say shoot what you got.As Sonny noted ,it will take a few shots to settle the string.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i set up my new onza 3 the peep has not rotated as of yet, i don't think it will. the new strings are made with bcy trophy, thats what i use to make my strings with and i just love it,
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,