Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Pro

Aaron

Default Eliminator Pro

Anyone tried using the Eliminator Pro rear sight. It eliminates the need for a peep sight.
    http://www.extremeop.com/products.php

Seems like with the short distance between the front and rear sight would make it difficult to sight in. Probably like sighting in a pistol (although I have never sighted in a pistol).

SonnyThomas

Default Eliminator Pro

Never tried one, but I've tried the Rifle Sight for Compound Bows and this Eliminator appears to work on the same principle. The Rifle sight proved to correct sight errors, but for the short testing I was able do I wasn't sold and it was pricey for what it is. The owner of Rifle Sight gave me his book and I'll try to put up some pics.
    The EP looks state of the art, but cosmetics can fool one.
    Probably the thing that works the best on these sights is correcting torque to one degree or another. AND I'm not saying they can't be accurate.
    Tons of archery equipment come out on the market and either fail, sort of remain stagnant or on the up side, embraced by archers and accepted.
    By and large people come of with these items in finding a way to correct some problem they have and it works for them so they try marketing their idea. I would example the Death Grip. This works for some people, but it does not correct the shooter's real problem, improper grip of the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

This gadget looks good and i like the idea, but all these peep eliminating devices are overpriced. It's cheaper just to put a red-dot sight (especially if you make the mount system yourself).
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I see with any of these type of sights is that although they remove the need for a peep they still have a front and rear aiming point that must be aligned. And if you have old eyes like mine it might be a real booger to see them both clearly enough to do so.

I maybe been shooting too long, but I'm not ready to give up my Verifier lens any time soon. Nor am I ever going back to a square pin guard.

Besides, with tht short sight radius there has to be some loss of accuracy unless you really put your head in gear while aiming.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree unless the sight is the same length as your draw. It is just like a pistol. Very hard for long shots. Short range maybe ok, but not sure its worth the price.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I do have to wonder how well this would work for someone with bifocals like I have. Every year that peep sight gets more blurry if the target is in focus. Think I might try that sight called Lasik. lol

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I do have to wonder how well this would work for someone with bifocals like I have. Every year that peep sight gets more blurry if the target is in focus. Think I might try that sight called Lasik. lol
    I had to go with bifocal contacts this year. Made it a lot easier shooting.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

grip on a pistol seems to have as much with accuracy of a pistol as building a good sight picture. and gripping a pistol is probably just as technical as gripping a bow. i do know my groups fall apart with either if i dont consentrate. if i cant focus, i might as well pack it up.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Do these rear mounted sights fit on the new 2011 Martins with the TRG? It seems like space might be an issue.

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I'm trying to figure out just what you and Hutch are talking about. I too wear glasses with bifocals, but not while I'm shooting. My glasses aren't coated or anything so shooting with them creates enough issues (reflections)that I can't see to shoot with them on. This soon going to be corrected with new glasses.

However, I don't understand the comment about the peep being blurry. I never even look at the peep. In reality I look through the peep so don't even know it's there. If the bow's drawlength is set up right and your anchor is consistent then why do you need to see the peep. Either it's there or it isn't so what benefit do bifocals provide when aiming. You can't see long distance with them and the target is where you should be looking so the peep and sight pin would normally be blurry anyway.

Help me out here.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver