Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Pro

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I'm trying to figure out just what you and Hutch are talking about. I too wear glasses with bifocals, but not while I'm shooting. My glasses aren't coated or anything so shooting with them creates enough issues (reflections)that I can't see to shoot with them on. This soon going to be corrected with new glasses.

However, I don't understand the comment about the peep being blurry. I never even look at the peep. In reality I look through the peep so don't even know it's there. If the bow's drawlength is set up right and your anchor is consistent then why do you need to see the peep. Either it's there or it isn't so what benefit do bifocals provide when aiming. You can't see long distance with them and the target is where you should be looking so the peep and sight pin would normally be blurry anyway.

Help me out here.
    Now I am trying to figure out what you are talking about Barry. I have bifocal contacts and they are not blurry. They make my shooting a lot easier.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, I use the peep to center the sight frame in, then place the pin on target. It used to be that I had a very nice, clear, crisp hole(peep) when I looked through it, then kinda let it fade to blurry as I focused on the target. Now, at full draw, the peep is always blurry. Changing the focal point to the target, I virtually lose the peep altogether. I know I'm still on with a good solid anchor, but I'm used to being able to see the peep clearly when I draw back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Barry, I use the peep to center the sight frame in, then place the pin on target. It used to be that I had a very nice, clear, crisp hole(peep) when I looked through it, then kinda let it fade to blurry as I focused on the target. Now, at full draw, the peep is always blurry. Changing the focal point to the target, I virtually lose the peep altogether. I know I'm still on with a good solid anchor, but I'm used to being able to see the peep clearly when I draw back.
    OK I can see what you are saying now.

And Hutch, I might end up with bifocal contacts instead of glasses. Just don't know yet. Are yours the extended wear type? Just how good do they work for you?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post

THis might be worth a try, I was just reading about it yesterday.

Nite Hawk Peep

Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

TTT

Anyone use a rear mounted (peepless) setup with 2011 Martins, or have an opinion whether it can or can work with the TRG? What if the TRG was moved down to lower on the riser? Possible?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK I can see what you are saying now.

And Hutch, I might end up with bifocal contacts instead of glasses. Just don't know yet. Are yours the extended wear type? Just how good do they work for you?
    Mine are not extended wear. As on how they work for me, great so far. Its been a year and I am happy. The doctor gave me a pair to try for a month, and that is all it took. I shoot very well with them, I see the computer very well. The only thing I will mention is when read a book, you can't bring it too close or they will magnify it to a blur. Just like reading glasses or bifocal glasses.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdh513 View Post
    TTT

Anyone use a rear mounted (peepless) setup with 2011 Martins, or have an opinion whether it can or can work with the TRG? What if the TRG was moved down to lower on the riser? Possible?
    I don't use one, but I do know the HindSight will work, already installed one of them on a 2011 FC. I'm not real sure if the Eliminator will work, looking at the pictures and doing some measurements, it looks like a tight fit.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks archerx7. Any other thoughts on Eliminating the peep with compatibility with the TRG/SOS?

I tried to move the TRG//SOS to the lower slot in the riser. Doesn't work on the FC400. The lower riser slot is too thin and not deep enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mln

I took a look at that peep, and made a very simplified version out of electrical tape. Stuck that on my peep, and tried it. Definitely might have some possibilities. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdh513 View Post
    Thanks archerx7. Any other thoughts on Eliminating the peep with compatibility with the TRG/SOS?

I tried to move the TRG//SOS to the lower slot in the riser. Doesn't work on the FC400. The lower riser slot is too thin and not deep enough.
    Not sure if you also posted this on AT?, but I'll respond here also. You can use a kisser, you'll just need to remove the SOS and install an aftermarket sts in either the front or rear stab holes. There are several very good aftermarket sts units available with the option of front or rear mount.

Advantage Custom Strings