Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correcting drawlength

SonnyThomas

Default Correcting drawlength

Well, I just moved my draw stop forward to around 60% letoff and I could see the top cam rotate just a bit. Granted not near what you can on the non-positive Hoyt, but there was movement. And I had to hang on for dear life as the change from 80 to 60 changes what you're used to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Well, I just moved my draw stop forward to around 60% letoff and I could see the top cam rotate just a bit. Granted not near what you can on the non-positive Hoyt, but there was movement. And I had to hang on for dear life as the change from 80 to 60 changes what you're used to.
    In a Binary cam system, which the CAT definitely is, you absolutely cannot advance the bottom cam ahead of the top one by pulling up on the loop.

If one cam stops, they both stop. It's an absolute dead stop.

At full draw the cables are under over 200# of load. They are not rubber bands.

Post Thanks / Like

Copterdoc I think you've answered my question. I can twist up the string to reduce drawlength but I will lose some wrapping of the cam which is ok I guess.

I suppose that the only way then to recover my lost poundage is to get the ata back to the 32 1/4 spec by twisting the string and untwisting the cable until the ata and drawlength are spec. Could I lose 5 lbs of draw weight just because the ata is off 1/8 inch?
    Firecat TR2, QAD HD Ultra Proseries, Extreme 1100, Blackhawk Vapor 400 gn arrows, Rage 3-Blade Broadheads, Scott Little Goose Release

Post Thanks / Like

No, you can't lose five pounds to 1/8 in. I believe there's something else that's contributing to the poundage loss, I just can't be sure what it is.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcason View Post
    Copterdoc I think you've answered my question. I can twist up the string to reduce drawlength but I will lose some wrapping of the cam which is ok I guess.

I suppose that the only way then to recover my lost poundage is to get the ata back to the 32 1/4 spec by twisting the string and untwisting the cable until the ata and drawlength are spec. Could I lose 5 lbs of draw weight just because the ata is off 1/8 inch?
    You aren't listening.

You can't reduce DL, without advancing the cams.
    You can't advance the cams, without losing DW.

1/8" of ATA, will not make a significant difference to anything. If you have to "short-string" your bow to get the right DL, and don't have enough DW after doing it, you have two options.

Replace the limbs, or change the module setting.

If you are in the 3rd hole, move the module to the second hole, and untwist your string back to spec.
    Last edited by copterdoc; 12-24-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcason View Post
    Been a rough season including having to change out limbs, cams, string and rest. Now im.trying to fine tune my Firecat TR2 back to factory specs.....
    In case you haven't noticed, the factory specs for the Firecat, seem to be a tad screwed up.