Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catfish / torqueless string loop

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am debating what to do. Use as a d loop or torque-less loop. As a d loop you are assured that the loop will not fall off, nor will it grab the string. As a torque-less loop it will make your shots torque free.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was odd, that they would list not pulling the peep into position, as a con, since I thought having a peep that does not move was a good thing.
    2012 Alien X

SonnyThomas

Default Catfish / torqueless string loop

My loop is about as torqueless as it can get, but helped with the top coming off the right side and the bottom coming off the left side. Next, I have a TRU Ball ST360 with adjustable head and adjusted to the natural angle of the loop. Of note; One should have someone watch to how their release effects the loop. If twisting, reverse how the loop string comes off the string. Example, though angle not as extreme; Normal for right hand - / . Normal for left hand - \ .

The Catfish or at least the Loopy has proved itself. If it helps, the Loopy was made and used by the 90m record holder, Client Freeman. Torqueless and applies downward pressure.

Mmm??? Of all loops, I think, they must be checked after being installed. I use tied string nocks, the top the nocking point and the bottom tied *.040" below the nock of the arrow to give downward pressure. You need a certain amount of downward pressure to keep the arrow in contact with the rest. Here, remove the tip (or use a blank shaft) and come to full draw. If the arrow comes off the rest with drawing then there is not enough downward pressure. Of course this is hard to check with some of today's drop rests. The solution is to rig the drop rest so the launch arm is up when drawing.
    Some make the bottom tied nock twice as long as the top, this making the bottom knot of the loop lower. Still, I like space so the arrow nock is not pinched.

* I noted .040", but I've seen as much as 1/8" gap and accuracy was excellent. I also watched and the arrow nock always held to the top knot or tied string nock. Wierd, I thought, but hey, it worked.

Normal loop; Not using tied string nocks. Note the knot touching the nock of the arrow. Most generally it is not evenly touching, so there is possible deflection. Still, I have seen a loop only shoot work quite well.

Some years back I tried the under only loop using the standard double knot loop. I could not see any loss of accuracy.
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 12-25-2010 at 08:08 AM.