Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from

dgmeadows

Default Where from ?

I'm Darren, 38 years old living deep in the woods about 50 miles west of Augusta, Ga, closest town is Thomson.

I've been shooting about 15 years, have the 3 Martins listed below, and owned a Bengal before them. I've shot every bow I can lay my hands on, but I've bought one Jennings (Carbon Extreme) and 4 Martin compounds. I've got a couple of recurves, too for bowfishing and fun shoots.

As I tell my wife, there are worse things I could spend my money on....

Cabba

Thumbs up Where are you from

Hi my name is Rob & I am from Western Australia. I shoot a martin slay R SE, 80#. My other half Bonnie shoots a Saber 45#. We also have 4 girls that shoot. Kristie 12yrs old shoots a Saber also 40#, We have started Kayla who is 10 off with a little browning midas & Lianna who is 8 has a Hoyt Banshee. We have only been involved in this sport for a few years, & have found this to be the best family sport around. When the little ones get bigger we will definitly put them into a martin. Our scores have improved dramaticly since we got these bows.
    With 4 girls I actually look better in camo than I do in a tutu.

Elk4me

Cool

Hello all my name is Matt and I just bought my 1st ever martin this week and pick it up in the morning cant sleep have Martin logos dancing in my head ! I just bought a 06 Saber to replace another well know bow mfg, I wont get into any names but they are from Oregon .Look forward to chattn with you all and cant waite to get my new Saber in about 12 hrs. I live in " Big Sky Country" Montana USA. I have to thank Plastic Paul for helping me out with great info reguarding my new bow decission. Thanks again Paul I will keep intouch
    Last edited by Elk4me; 05-12-2006 at 12:43 PM.

PLASTIC PAUL

Gladd I could help !! I know you will enjoy that bow !! We are all here to help you getting it set up and shooting great. If i can help during the set-up don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, welcome to the family

I am from NC, Right now I am playing around with a couple of P-3's and I have an 06 Slayer. I have also owned an 05 Slayar and 2 Scepter III's. Before my Martins I owned two "off brands" LOL. All of my Martins have had Nitrous X cams.
    I have recently gotten into string making. I am actually getting really good at it and very soon I will start taking oirders (need to get more colors).
    Tournamnet shooting is my main focus. I shoot just about anything that is a marked yardage. 3-D really doesn't do too much for me. If i hunt this fall it will be the first time since i was a kid.
    Last edited by PLASTIC PAUL; 05-12-2006 at 01:35 PM.

yank

Default transplant

was born and raised in upstate n.y , learned to shoot there, military moved me to texas, learned to shoot right here ,taught my son to shoot ,two time state champion nfaa, had my own shop,now just tinker... yank

Craig

Hello everyone my names Craig, from the Lake District in the cold and (mainly) wet UK! Just taken up archery again after a 15 year break, and just bought a mint '98 Martin Ocelot, Z-cam's set at at 60lB at 29" to try them out.

Just waiting on a set of new cables from Plastic Paul (can't wait!), and a load of new gear to fit it out with!!!!! Always wanted a compound and always liked the Martins, but they where frowned upon last time I was shooting (NOT MARTINS, BUT COMPOUNDS!). Anyway there now a lot more popular, about 50% of the club now shooting em (took 15 years to catch on but there you go!!!!).

Also shoot a Peris Whiteheart recurve, which are highly thought of in the UK..............

BigBull

Hi all...I'm Marc from the Oregon coast. Just got my first Martin bow a week ago...a '06 Saber SE. Just getting it set up for now...trying to be patient, but can't wait to let 'em fly.

passthrough

upper midwest central minnesota for me.
    on the 23rd i bought a new 2006 saber se.
    i think i have put almost 200 arrows out of it all ready.
    also my first martin, i guaranty it will not be my last.

cant wait to send an arrow or two through a few deer in september.

Montey Jessey

Congrats on your new acquisition! You will not regret buying a Martin Bow and thats a fact! Happy shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by passthrough
    upper midwest central minnesota for me.
    on the 23rd i bought a new 2006 saber se.
    i think i have put almost 200 arrows out of it all ready.
    also my first martin, i guaranty it will not be my last.

cant wait to send an arrow or two through a few deer in september.

HNSB

I'm also in central MN... Passthrough, where in the state are you at? I'm about halfway between Brainerd and Crosslake.

My primary bow is a SlayR SE w/ Nitrous X. I've also got a pile of "off brand" bows lying around, but I don't shoot them much anymore. One of these days I'll get around to selling my old indoor bow and upgrading to a Shadowcat or Razor X with elite limbs.