Thread: bengal with nitrous cams

smarpo

Talking bengal with nitrous cams

I had a request for info on my new bengal when I got it. Got it yesterday, sweet! I shoot 26 1/2 in draw and the draw weight was 63 lbs. I think. My pride at 57 lbs. and 26 in draw with a string loop shot 225fps. The bengal shot 250 plus. The pride has fury cams so is was rated pretty fast ,315 IBO. I am shooting easton 2213 camo hunters with 100 grain points total weight is 415 grains. I didn't get the string length yet, it wasn't on the bow so I have to wait until my dealer gets back to me after he talks to Jake at Martin. He's the one that built the bow for me. The speed is at least 10fps faster than I had planned on so all the better. I want to thank Ron and Norm at Alpine archery in La Grande for getting me this special bow and for setting it up for me. They machine tune any bow you buy from them for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're happy with it. I just ordered a Pantera and hope to have it in about a couple weeks. I ordered mine with the Furious X system on it. I'm beginning to chomp at the bit.

The speed you are getting isn't all that bad considering the draw length and the weight of the arrow. Good luck to you.

Barry

Elk4me

Thumbs up

barry welcome to the club, I have ordered a 07 Pantera too , but I got the M-Pro cam and will make my finial payment on Dec 1st . I guess the 04 Cougar III is gona be a back up now. I am chomping at the bit too, have a site(Spot Hogg 5pin Real Deal),rest(RipCord) and arrows(Easton A/C/C 3-49's) already , and have a custom string on order (FLO Green /Purple). I cant waite for the 1st week in December I liked the Bengal also but chose the Pantera over it for the extra 3" of ATA more forgiving.
    Last edited by Elk4me; 11-25-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Elk,

I think me may have run into each other before, Like over on Archery Talk.

I hadparticular reasons for not getting the M-Pro cam. I have shot for 4 archery comapnies in the last 14 years. I had the popportunity to shoot single cams during this time, and frankly I have grown to not like them and the inherent problems they introduce to a bow. So basically I've shot duals for about 25 years and singles for about 10 years.

A couple years ago I got a taste of Martin's X system with Nitrous cams. Well, I'm sold on the X system. Eliminating the cable rod is a giant step forward in the accuracy department. What a like the most is that everything gets mounted and lined up right down the middle of the bow as that's where the cams are mounted and that's where the string tracks.

I came very close to getting an S4 with Furious X cams.

See ya on AT.