Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow issues while shooting

Unregistered

Default Bow issues while shooting

I was shooting targets and when I released. The string slide broke causing the string to hit the arrow. When the arrow went sideways hitting the site and broke it completely off! The bow is not even a month old. I already installed a new pendulum site and aluminum speed slide. Will Martin warrantee it? If anyone has any info can you ease email me Brian.Gustavson@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid that most likely this is your fault - you have gripped the bow firmly causing torque and the string went out of the cam breaking the slide,etc. You must visit your dealer and he'll say what can be done. If you're lucky the whole thing may be covered by the warranty, but i doubt it that the dealer will be so kind. You can watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJoxJJjcQFU
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still baffled about the part when all this disaster happened and then you "installed a new pendulum site and aluminum speed slide".
    And - I know I'm old and out dated but - aluminum slides are new to me. Unless you mean a carbon rod broke and you replaced that with aluminum...?...

... still just baffled...

Post Thanks / Like

I know that there are alloy slides out there. But they are dangerous, slow and not good for bow and cables.

I also am not that sure if your bow derailed. But i am pretty sure that it is caused by misuse.

If you could try to register you would be able to answer our questions and post more information. This includes the use of pictures and more detailed information about your bow and your experience with bows.

Oh. Based on your email-address: Are you from Scandinavia? Or a child of an immigrant?
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was shooting targets and when I released. The string slide broke causing the string to hit the arrow. When the arrow went sideways hitting the site and broke it completely off! The bow is not even a month old. I already installed a new pendulum site and aluminum speed slide. Will Martin warrantee it? If anyone has any info can you ease email me Brian.Gustavson@yahoo.com
    Excuse me Fellas, but where do you get that he was "misusing" his bow? As I read what he wrote, when he released, the cable slide broke. No where does he say that he was gripping the bow really hard, just says that the cableslide broke, and THEN the arrow went sidewise, hitting the sight, So, again I ask what mis use? Oh yeah, he can't register right now, but he could post pics on another site and add them to his posts.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 12-28-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

ElkSlayer4x5, i may be wrong, but if it was only the slider most likely the arrow would have gone left(hit by the cables), not up hitting the sight. Nevermind that's not so important, the problem is that he'll have to pay for the fixing of the bow, because he has used another slider, not the factory one.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    because he has used another slider, not the factory one.
    Must be the language differnce, I read that the factory slider was the one that broke, not the one he put on after the accident.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

That is right, Alex.

THe bow accident happened with the original slide. Should be no problem at all.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Well , may be i got confused because i've read this also:
    "I first want to ask what it matters where I am from. I am I. Fact from Florida born and raised in the USA! Iwas not over gripping the bow! I have plenty of experience shooting! This is however the first Martin bow I have owned. I put on an aluminum speed slide and pendulum sight because it was Christmas eve and I was goin hunting the next morning! No stores were open to get what I needed to have it ready for the next morning. Those were extras I had! Why is it that everyone assumes the worst? Could it have just been a defective part! The bow had only been shot maybe 50 times at targets and at two deer! I appreciate all of the info!"
    "first Martin">"aluminium speed slide">my wrong conclusion
    Last edited by alex; 12-28-2010 at 11:46 AM.

SonnyThomas

Default Bow issues while shooting

I am in contact with Brian. By our conversation the factory cable guide slide broke, not the rod, and that is why he went to the speed guide. There was no derailing. I can see that the cables would come over and his arrow would hit them. So, yes, the guide would be a warranty issue, but as for the arrow hitting the sight and breaking it is something the factory will have to deal with.