Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martin Bows

Post Thanks / Like

Good read ST.It is nice to be on this forum and talk to people who are passionate about the sport and not just how much they spent on a bow.
    Thumbs up to you guys
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Sonny, I like my Alien Z, but I'm pretty sure my 2011 bow is going to be a Nemisis. Given my short draw there are only so many options and this seems like the best one for now. My biggest obstacle is picking the color. I've heard the black is like the 2010 Carbon fiber look and I have that color.
    Black and Red 'should' be powdercoat just like the Martin line but I havent been able to verify that yet.
    Guess we will know all about them in another week...
    I really like my Nemesis and think that it would be a good shooter for you.

Post Thanks / Like

i myself don't really care what anyone thinks or says about what i shoot. i shoot alien xs and just purchased a new onza 3. you are going to have those jerks out there that just like to start trouble. if you like mathews shoot a mathews, if you like hoyt shoot one, i prefer martins and rytera, which i think the alien x is the best shooting and the best looking bows out there, but thats just my oppinion, i could care less what my neighbor shoots, really they all do the same thing just a little differant looking in one area or another, 60 lbs. is 60lbs. i bet you take a 60 lb mathews and a 60 lb martin with the same equipment on them the arrow want get there any quicker than a couple of a thousandth of a second from either bow . as for being accruate ,most of that comes from the person behind the bow. the reason that one bow is more popular than the other is the amount of money the bow company is willing to pay for advertisement and celeberties to promote there product. i do think ted nugent has made a wise chose of which bow he is promoting. sorry for such a long reply. by the way that onza shoots great and looks good!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Your post ain't so long Gramps. You should see some of mine. I like your use of the word "celebrity".. Some might call them professional hunters, but I think most of them act like anything but a true professional. The only likeness they have to a professional is that they get paid to advertise. That's much of the reason I quit watching those canned hunting shows a long time ago.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Martin Bows

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    the reason that one bow is more popular than the other is the amount of money the bow company is willing to pay for advertisement and celeberties to promote there product. i do think ted nugent has made a wise chose of which bow he is promoting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I like your use of the word "celebrity".. Some might call them professional hunters, but I think most of them act like anything but a true professional. The only likeness they have to a professional is that they get paid to advertise.
    TA DAH! Two answers that says it all..... Well said I might add.

Post Thanks / Like

VERY well said Barry. The hosts of the hunting shows may be bow "shooters", but they sure aren't "hunters". Once they start hanging their own stands, not hunting over feeders or food plots, and do their own scouting, I might start watching again. Always ticked me off to hear how "hard" one of them hunted. Walking out to a stand someone else picked out the spot for, and set up, then taking a nap while your cameraman keeps an eye out for deer is not exactly what I call hunting hard. Might as well set leg traps, and just pass it off as a deer standing or bedding right below your stand. I'm done ranting now. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Then there's the guys who hunt on the edge of huge fields, that just happen to have 10+ deer in them, while most of us do well to to see half that number in the entire season.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

They never seem to shoot anything less than a 150 class buck. Or how about the guy that gives a couple toots on his grunt tube and that huge buck 1/4 mile across the field comes a runnin. 1/4 mile? Get real.

I'd like to see some unedited footage of some of these hunts. I do underwater video so know what editing is about. Any mistake or mishap can be edited out. Just wonder how many misses or wounding shots get relegated to the trash can.

Ehunter, not to pick on you, but I have never found anything wrong with taking a nap in my stand. LOL. Of course, it might have been nice to have that extra set of eyes keeping abreast of matters.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Then there's the guys who hunt on the edge of huge fields, that just happen to have 10+ deer in them, while most of us do well to to see half that number in the entire season.
    Is'nt that called baiting? Why else would ten+ deer be in one place. Legal in lots of states. Just became legal in Oregon to feed, and what works best is corn and alfalfa. But unless the deer you're hunting lives near a corn field, not likely that the deer know what corn is, Alfalfa is a differnt story, open up the bale and even we can smell it, and the deer sure can, seems that they love it. But in order to get those 10+ deer in one place, you have to feed them there, a lot, over several weeks. Once established it can be very effective.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 01-04-2011 at 08:21 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

The entire TV is hypocritical and disgusting so you must not be surprised that the hunting shows are like this. Thanks God for YouTube, forums like this one and the torrent sites
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows